1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New hawk and wooden sheath x8 images

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by cattledog, Apr 29, 2012.

1. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    Just received my DCM hawk a few days ago and thought I would share some photos I took today while making a wooden sheath for it.
    http://bit.ly/IGc6TX I found him by random on the net. The hawk is custom made based on a drawing I sent him. Pretty cool huh!
    Prices are good and shipped in two weeks.

Scrounged up a piece of bamboo and split it in two and started to think about making a sheath. I made this from my head as I went along so no progress photos.
    I had no idea if it would come out ok Most work done with hawk this is an amazing carving tool.

While making it I figured it would be good for kindling if the need arose so I stuffed some vaselined cotton balls inside. The sheath, twine and cotton are all useful items when outdoors so it worked out pretty well. This is sort of a working prototype that can be improved on as I use it. I do like it so far though albeit a little bulky.

Thanks for looking and comments, criticism welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scruffuk

scruffuk Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    That's a lovely looking hawk CD. Looks like you've stumbled upon a grat maker.

I really like that axe mask too, clever bit of thinking. The addition of the PJCBs is great.

Enjoy using her.

3. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Very cool.

4. jwaj

jwaj

Dec 19, 2002
    Nice looking hawk. I'm always impressed at the endless uses of bamboo. Great idea.

5. cattledog

cattledog

Oct 7, 2011
    Thanks the mask is working out pretty good once I figured out how to tie it.

thanks

Thanks bamboo is easy to work with as well.