New Inkosi lockup question

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by VermontEdge, Apr 17, 2017.

1. VermontEdge

VermontEdge Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Hey hey! So I just received my small inkosi and I am in looooooove. Seriously, it's everything I wanted it to be.

However, I have a question about the lock up. If I open it in a decisive, firm manner the lockup is great. If I open it slowly, the lock bar doesn't seem to engage all the way and there's a pretty significant amount of up and down play. Like enough that you can hear it rattle.

Now, I got this off the exchange but it appears to be brand new. I'm wondering if this is something that will go away after some break in and the ceramic ball settling in a bit, or if I should just send it in to CRK (2 months is a hard pill to swallow for a new knife though!).

If anyone could let me know if this might go away with time please let me know!

Thanks!

2. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    You could take it apart, clean and regrease it to ensure nothing is amiss, or just keep opening and closing it. Either way there is some break in involved.

3. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    No matter how you open it, it should snap into place. So, if when you open it slowly/lightly and it's not seating in, there is something wrong. You'll probably have to send it in. The lock bar tension may need to be adjusted.

4. VermontEdge

VermontEdge Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. Upon talking to the seller I've confirmed that this is brand new and hardly ever even opened. Seems to be settling in better after some opening and closing. Just going to let it break in and hopefully resolve itself. If not, it's always nice to know that CRK will take care of me