1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New member with a Becker

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Paden87, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    My name is Paden and I love my knives. I have been messing with knives since I was 6 and a year or so ago I got a Becker bk3 as a gift from my step dad. Recently I started to modify it. It is still in progress. I am new to the picture posting so I hope this works [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. Stay here much longer, and you'll own the rest of them. ;)

3. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    I plan on getting alot more beckers. My next one will be a bk11 which I will order this weekend.

4. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    I don't have the 11, but I have the 14, same blade. I love it.

5. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Welcome!
    That jimping looks good.
    What else ya doin?

Thanks for the pics btw

6. Blunt Forged Edge

Blunt Forged Edge

May 15, 2012
    Greetings and Welcome to the Becker Dome!

7. Carlos Oak

Carlos Oak

Jul 3, 2012
    Nice start 3+11...

Now you just need a 4 for some chopping a 2 just for the sake of it a 7 for stabby stabby action a 14 so you know the alternative handle of the 11, you will also need a 9 for more choppy and stabby togheter, well you will also need a good cooking knife so get the 5, your brother also needs a knife so get a 15, theres the 12 if you need to survive just in case, ah don't forget the 16 for bushcrafting

8. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011

All that and you left out the sexiest Becker. The mighty BK17!

Welcome to the forums, one Becker is a great start!

9. Carlos Oak

Carlos Oak

Jul 3, 2012
    Damm i forgot it...

You see a smaller stabby stabby is what the bk-17 do so dont forget that one...

10. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    Thank you. I have ground down the serrations to try to make a thinner portion for feather sticking while keeping the rest of the blade for chopping. There is also another mod I have been thinking about that I haven't seen done to any of the beckers that I am going to try.

11. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    All of this is very true but money is kind of tight I have a baby girl coming in oct so I have to take it slow

12. tman038

tman038

Dec 21, 2011
    very cool. welcome the the forum. there are some good people here.

13. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    Welcome Paden. Glad you joined up, and I look forward to seeing more of your knives.

Moose

14. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Welcome.
    Glad your here.

15. Carlos Oak

Carlos Oak

Jul 3, 2012
    Don't mind me. I only have one knife of his desing has well.

Welcome

16. Greybush

Greybush Banned

Feb 14, 2012
    Congrats on the baby man!

17. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome I'll post some more pics when I get off work of my 3 getting dirty. But I haven't quite finished my serration removeal yet im learning as I go

18. Paden87

Paden87

Jul 9, 2012
    I didn't have time to go chop today but I had a scrap stick in my room I still haven't sharpend the new part yet and it works pretty good [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]