1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New Pkal

Discussion in 'Ban Tang's "Stupid Sharp Knives"' started by bosco1, Sep 2, 2012.

1. bosco1

bosco1

Nov 26, 2009
    Just got my first Ban knife, a beautiful Gen 4 Pkal. What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Thank you Ban.

Those of you who have a fixed blade pkal, how and where do you carry it? Horizontal or vertical? What clock position on your belt? Been carrying and training with a Spyderco Pkal for a while but this is my first fixed blade. just looking for some ideas while I start to experiment. Thanks.

2. squishware

squishware

Jun 8, 2009
    I like my gen 1 canted forward above the beltline at 10 o clock or my gen 4 straight up above the beltline at 2.

3. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    When I had one, I carried it just left of centerline with handle canted 45* down for forward grip, or 2-3oclock with handle canted 45* up for reverse grip. Pretty much the way the SouthNarc folks advocate. I carry my mini-bowie (sharpened swedge) pretty much the same way now. But I have it horizontal just left of centerline, because the handle is much longer than the pikal handles.