New Rules for the Exchange forum - Feedback thread.

As I am already on record as stating I like the new way of doing things on the BF Knife Exchange feel free to pass the cheese for my whine anytime. As I write this there are thirteen consecutive new threads by the same poster in the Customs For Sale By Individual Forum. A minor tweak of the rules in this area might not be a bad idea. Just a tad excessive in my humble opinion.

As I am already on record as stating I like the new way of doing things on the BF Knife Exchange feel free to pass the cheese for my whine anytime. As I write this there are thirteen consecutive new threads by the same poster in the Customs For Sale By Individual Forum. A minor tweak of the rules in this area might not be a bad idea. Just a tad excessive in my humble opinion.

And I will second that. As someone who just put a single add up this morning, I'm already about off page 1 for 2 weeks.

The sticky is still there, "Consolidate your posts please" Somebody not reading, hmmmmm.:confused:

Guys, bladeandbarrel put up a lot of threads, then he consolidated them into 4 threads, leaving the other nine "see consolidated thread".

I just moved those 9 empties offline. The sales forum is much cleaner now. :)

I'm mixed. I buy more than I sell...and usually sell 'cause I've found something else I want to buy. Sigh. :rolleyes:

I think I have more issues with the changes as a buyer ('cause that's mostly what I do).

It seems that...as a buyer...if I want to subscribe to a thread...to see if a price is lowered...I can no longer do that effectively. Price lowering...if I'm understanding correctly...will be done in new threads. I like the fact that I can get email alerts when things have changed. Now...it requires much more effort (and maybe a bit of luck) to catch price changes.

I'm not sure it's possible...but something to think about would be the ability to choose one's sorting method and save that. It's tedious going to the bottom of the page to change the sort options. I know...whine...whine....:D Maybe it's possible and I'm just to stupid to figure out how....

Selling-wise...I have a question. When I post multiple knives for sale...I usually reply to the thread three or four times immediately...just to get all the pics in. Is that no longer allowed...or did I just miss that?

Overall...I really like the option to sort in the manner one likes. That's a big plus. I like being able to chat a bit 'cause that makes the process fun. Unfortunately...as a buyer...some of the fun has been ripped away by not allowing people to lower the price with replies to the thread. If I can sort in such a way as to keep this from bumping the thread...I'm not sure what the harm would be long term. And...as I've said...having to restart the thread two weeks later to lower the price ruins the whole process for me as a buyer as it makes a knife harder to track.

I'm sure I'll get used to whatever takes hold in the long run, however.

Selling-wise...I have a question. When I post multiple knives for sale...I usually reply to the thread three or four times immediately...just to get all the pics in. Is that no longer allowed...or did I just miss that?

Go right ahead. Good way to keep your initial offering info consecutive.

Unfortunately...as a buyer...some of the fun has been ripped away by not allowing people to lower the price with replies to the thread.

While no system is going to cover every need, having the seller put all updates in the original post should make it easier for buyers to track. What you need to do is subscribe to the threads and then check them out daily. You won't have to scan down because the updates are right on top.

I know, it would be easier if updates alerted you to subscribed threads ...

I'm mixed. I buy more than I sell...and usually sell 'cause I've found something else I want to buy. Sigh. :rolleyes:

I think I have more issues with the changes as a buyer ('cause that's mostly what I do).

It seems that...as a buyer...if I want to subscribe to a thread...to see if a price is lowered...I can no longer do that effectively. Price lowering...if I'm understanding correctly...will be done in new threads. I like the fact that I can get email alerts when things have changed. Now...it requires much more effort (and maybe a bit of luck) to catch price changes.

I'm not sure it's possible...but something to think about would be the ability to choose one's sorting method and save that. It's tedious going to the bottom of the page to change the sort options. I know...whine...whine....:D Maybe it's possible and I'm just to stupid to figure out how....

Overall...I really like the option to sort in the manner one likes. That's a big plus. I like being able to chat a bit 'cause that makes the process fun. Unfortunately...as a buyer...some of the fun has been ripped away by not allowing people to lower the price with replies to the thread. If I can sort in such a way as to keep this from bumping the thread...I'm not sure what the harm would be long term. And...as I've said...having to restart the thread two weeks later to lower the price ruins the whole process for me as a buyer as it makes a knife harder to track.

I'm sure I'll get used to whatever takes hold in the long run, however.
Wait, for price drops, I can make a new thread? I've just been editing and hoping people would notice.

Wait, for price drops, I can make a new thread? I've just been editing and hoping people would notice.
You can edit in price drops as often as you wish, but reposts (with or without price drops) are only allowed if your last posting of the knife was at least two weeks old.

In order:
People can reply now with price drops in their thread, but they should update it in the OP as well. Since bumping no longer happens, reply as often as needed.

No way to set default sort order at a user level, sorry.

Re: pics and stuff. You can reply all you want to your own thread. Go for broke, have fun.

Back