New run of 48 Weasels, Hawthornes, DJ's, and IT's!

Is the 48 a reverse of the 38? Both patterns are 3 7/8 inches closed.

Never mind. I held a 38 up to a picture of the 48. Although there are some similarities in reverse, the differences are obvious.

D96CD825-BA1B-475D-9828-90554C8A9EA9_zps2xnevbga.jpg

My 48 improved trapper is on the way. I think it'll be a good watch pocket carry.

My 48 improved trapper is on the way. I think it'll be a good watch pocket carry.
I got mine yesterday (bloodwood). Great knife, but I don't know if it's a watch pocket carry. It's longish and fairly hefty.

Yes. I have the single blade Weasel, and a two-blade coming. I think they are too long for watch pocket carry. A #66 Calf Roper Slim or better a #25 works well in the watch pocket. 'Course I sold my #25. Yet another blunder.

I got mine yesterday (bloodwood). Great knife, but I don't know if it's a watch pocket carry. It's longish and fairly hefty.

Guess it depends on the watch pocket. I can fit my 98 cattle knife in my watch pocket and I forget it's there. I was honestly looking for it for about 5 minutes before I stuck my fingers in there and felt it this morning.

Guess it depends on the watch pocket. I can fit my 98 cattle knife in my watch pocket and I forget it's there. I was honestly looking for it for about 5 minutes before I stuck my fingers in there and felt it this morning.

A #98 in your watch pocket? By any chance are you Shaquille O'Neal? :)

I have a few jeans where I'm lucky to fit a #15 in my watch pocket.

I think the single blade 48 may sit "ok" but I doubt I could carry a 2 blade there. I'll find out in a few days I guess when I get my Northfield.

A #98 in your watch pocket? By any chance are you Shaquille O'Neal? :)

I have a few jeans where I'm lucky to fit a #15 in my watch pocket.

I think the single blade 48 may sit "ok" but I doubt I could carry a 2 blade there. I'll find out in a few days I guess when I get my Northfield.
Nah, but i did run into him in Florida once at Disney world. It's all in the Jeans. Texas Jeans has one of the most functional watch pockets I've seen. I wear the carpenter jeans almost every day. Seems it's only their carpenter jeans that have the deep watch pocket. The loose fit ones have a shorter pocket.

I have several pairs of pants that I can and do carry my 46 whaler in the watch pocket. But I also have others that my 47 hawkbill sticks out of the watch pocket a bit. All depends on the pants.

For me the #48, especially the two blade Improved Trapper is too large/long for my watch pockets. I have the acrylic version. I however seldom wear blue jeans anymore and choose khaki's and cargo pants now. I just moved away from blue jeans. I have been watching for the Antique Amber two-bladed improved trappers to hit retail. That's my next knife.

Some early stage photos of the rotten banana bone SFO improved trappers are up on the site. This is the one I've been most excited about, and am even moreso now.

I'm sorry to backtrack to the single blade Weasels when everyone's moved on to the Diamond Jacks and the Improved trappers, but dude, it's here finally! There was an address mix up so it took longer to get to me than expected, but it was totally worth the wait. Love LOVE the wider blade. I can pinch this one open!

Hello little white weasel. You're going to be my EDC traditional for a bit. Welcome to the family. :D

33374955273_5207a4f0e0_c.jpg

33344044394_27a3ea3468_c.jpg

34186021515_91ae898a45_c.jpg

That lone star 48 sure is pretty in white bone. Wish they had done an improved trapper in that color. The blade shape reminds me of the 98 on the tidioute models just sized down.

Scratched an itch I've had for years, decades even. I've always been tempted by stag in various things not just knives. But I could never pull the trigger on the premium price. Just grabbed a 48 in stag!

It's a replacement for a 48 in Autumn Gold Jig Bone. That one slipped out of a watch pocket when I leaned over to pick up something off the ground while seated. Some lucky lobster roll fan got a nice knife.

Spectacular jigging on those Diamond Jacks and a great picture, Ramrodmb!

Congratulations, on the Lone Star, AlwaysTomboy. Worth the wait!

Back