New run of 48 Weasels, Hawthornes, DJ's, and IT's!

I really like this run of 48s.
hw8Wftq.jpg

iAzaZlm.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ I do too... so I'm really enjoying seeing the group you've put together Al ! Love the jigging on the Diamond Jacks, the White Bone on the Lone Star, the Stag and Bloodwood are sweet, that Blue is super cool and the Northwoods is an amazing stand out. The taller clip and the rough finish... just looks right. Everyone of them is special!!! Congrats and thanks for showin' em!

Last edited:
I don't understand how Noone mentioned that stag...
The little flecks of light coloration in the darkened areas make it look fantastic and not just light then dark...
Great character on that one, congrats.

Oh, and I bet the bloodwood has some nice chatoyance with the marks in that too.

That's a pretty accurate description of the color. I definitely think of rotten bananas. Just leave them with a matte finish and it completes it.

Love those white bone Lone Stars. I will have to keep a lookout for other offerings from them, I guess. They weren't even on my radar.

I have two of the bloodwoods, the Weasel and Improved Trapper. The scales on both do have a pleasing chatoyancy.

The Improved Trapper I am thinking may be the perfect sized pocket knife for me. :) Been wanting one of these with covers I could really appreciate for a couple years and finally found it.

Does anyone know if any other smooth bone, besides the rotten banana (I'm not a fan of anything that even reminds me of anything rotten!), versions are in the works?

That's a pretty accurate description of the color. I definitely think of rotten bananas. Just leave them with a matte finish and it completes it.

are you telling me you don't mirror polish yiur bananas as soon as you bring them home from the grocery? ;)

I have one on "Sure" pre-order.
I am generally love or hate on the material coloration, but I had to try my luck.

Worst case scenario, I try to trade it off for a Blackwood or some other scale material. Seeing as how it was one of the SFOs (and the locked one at that) tells me that some may want it, if I do not.

Here's to hoping!

I have one on "Sure" pre-order.
I am generally love or hate on the material coloration, but I had to try my luck.

Worst case scenario, I try to trade it off for a Blackwood or some other scale material. Seeing as how it was one of the SFOs (and the locked one at that) tells me that some may want it, if I do not.

Here's to hoping!
The #14 two blade was my first rotten banana handled knife.

I ordered almost all of the SFOs with the plan of keeping the few I liked the most, and selling or gifting the rest. I fully expected the rotten banana to go first. Once I got it in hand though, I really took to it, and it became by far my favorite of the bunch. I think rotten bananas are disgusting, so the name is a bit off-putting, but I think the fact that every knife is unique adds to the charm of having one.

To each their own though. I'm really looking forward to my rotten banana #48, and I hope you like yours.

Sabercat Sabercat

I appreciate the insight.
I am hoping that is the case, and once it.is in hand, I take to it.

I haven't seen any pics of how ages with use.
Does it darken overall?
Does the yellow darken and the brown mellow?

Anyone have any pics?

My single blade bloodwood Mink Skinner arrived today. Yes it looks the same as all the others. But the fit and finish is exceptional, everything about it is perfect. I have a hard time putting it down.

Last edited:
My single blade bloodwood Mink Skinner arrived today. Yes it looks the same as all the others. But the fit and finish is exceptional, everything about it is perfect. I have a hard time putting it down.

Nice Knife, Camillus! I feel the same about mine.

Back