1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New style mnandi clip

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Kyle78, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Kyle78

Kyle78

Sep 27, 2011
    I heard the mnandi got an update last year. Does anyone know if the new style mnandi can be used without the clip?

2. blackend

blackend Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2002
    I was curious about this myself. I like the other clip for that simple fact. Plus there was no tool hole on the front side.

3. Thomason

Thomason Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2002
    Good question, Kyle78. I just assumed you could remove the clip. Would like to know for sure.

4. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    Yes, the clip will come off!

Chris D. :D

5. sk8n

sk8n Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2006
    In order to go clipless you will need a screw to fasten the pivot. The new style clip has the male threads, and when it is removed, there is nothing there to retain the pivot. I checked and can confirm that the screw used to fasten the "old style clip" works with the pivot from the "new style clip". A photo with the clip and pivot removed is shown for reference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  6. Kyle78

Kyle78

Sep 27, 2011
    Thanks for the pic, good info.