1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New TDI is in da house!

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by singularity35, Jun 19, 2012.

1. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    I just got my new TDI with blaze orange scales. I ordered it as a replacement for the one I gave an LEO friend. I really like the TDI but at the time I felt he needed it more than I so I gifted him the knife. It took me a few months but I have one again. Woot!

TDI carriers, please chime in.

[​IMG]

2. alude904

alude904

Jun 4, 2012
    Congrats. That was nice of you.love that orange. I love mine.

3. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks. How do you carry yours?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook

Jul 24, 2007
    Cool, I've always liked that knife. It draws fast, right?

5. odd

odd

Mar 31, 2012
    now is this strictly a self defense knife or do you users/owners find the ergonomics functional for more utilitarian tasks?

6. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Yes, it draws quite fast and is quickly brought to bear.

It's strictly an SD knife for me. I usually carry another knife, usually a folder for EDC tasks.

7. jayinhk

jayinhk

Apr 25, 2006
    I carry a black TDI: nice of you to give yours away! I'd never give mine away :eek:

8. cjxlovelp1314

cjxlovelp1314

Jun 19, 2012
    It's so nice to see your post, I appreciate it very much!

9. alude904

alude904

Jun 4, 2012
    Yes its pretty much for self defense. Its ergos are great but if you read my review of it, i talk about the type of steel and how it was chosen with only self defense in mind. Since i carry my firearm at 4 oclock, this knife is limited to my left side and i carry at it at my 11with the handle positioned for reverse grip

10. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks, keep it coming guys.

11. Viper715

Viper715

Jun 14, 2010
    I like the orange grips. I love my TDI I carry it behind my mags on my belt. I use mine for all sorts of tasks it's always the most convenient knife when I'm working. Very nice of you to gift your first one to a LEO.

12. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks but my friend was always getting in harm's way in the line of duty. The least I could do was to give him a knife that he could trust.

13. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

I really like mine, handy blade. I don't care about the SD aspect, but it is a great EDC knife, gets sharp as a scalpel! I think it will be a good knife for field-dressing deer...will find out this fall.

14. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    I've always been oddly attracted to the TDI fixed blades after a close friend of mine started carrying one as a general purpose EDC and field knife. I never gave the design much merrit for more utilitarian tasks but I suppose that I'm wrong.

15. flipaldinho

flipaldinho

Jan 18, 2012
    Great knife. Just carried mine yesterday. You can barely tell she's there after getting used to it.

16. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Yeh, I hardly notice it anymore. :D

17. Jason Johonnesson

Jason Johonnesson

Jul 3, 2012
    Nice handles! I love my TDI. I had my wife stitch the sheath into a Blackhawk pocket pistol holster, size #1. It draws from my pocket much faster than my belt. No shirt lifting required.

18. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    That's interesting. Can you post pics please?

19. Jason Johonnesson

Jason Johonnesson

Jul 3, 2012
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I hope I posted this correctly. I apologize for my learning curve.

20. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks!