1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New TOPS Lite Trekker

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Joezilla, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Joezilla

Joezilla Moderator Moderator

Jul 22, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Lovin' it. Looks like a very solid design, as always. :cool::thumbup:

3. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Looks very similar in blade profile to the classic CS Master Hunter, one of the most functional and useful designs around. Should be a winner.

4. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    As I've already told you Joe, this is definitely one of my favourite designs from TOPS, great work buddy !

5. thebrain

thebrain

Dec 12, 2007
    Looks like a great knife and a decent price for being made in the USA.

6. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    Good looking design, Joe. Lets us know how it works out down in the Amazon. :thumbup:

7. Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Bear Claw Chris Lappe Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    I like it!

8. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    That's cool. One thing we don't really place much value on is how much a knife weighs, especially with heavy micarta and stuff.

I keep thinking about a thin partial tang scandi blade with cork handle. You'd have the light aspect and the floating aspect.

I was thinking about this recently because I was playing with 2 knives. One was an Adventure Sworn Scandi Carver and the other was a 3V skeletonized Koster Woodlore. When I got to comparing the Adventure sworn with a full handle weighed 1 ounce lighter, had 1/8" more blade and was so much more comfortable than the skeletonized Koster.

You don't hear a lot of discussion centered on light handle materials.

9. Joezilla

Jul 22, 2005
    No, I've been thinking about it hard too. If I had my way it would have carbon fiber scales, but the price would be jacked.

10. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I had been waiting on them since Blade, and just got one. I like how it feels and handles. I like that it is full 1/8" and a full flat grind but that the plunge line doesn't cut into the spine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. coaldigger

coaldigger

Jan 27, 2007
    Nice design Joe ! Pit has already hinted to me that I need a set of these for my boys for Christmas :rolleyes: I do like the looks of'em !

12. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Love the li'l logo on it. :D:thumbup:

13. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    Logo is the best part. I just ordered one ill strip it but not before i etch that logo deeper

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  14. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    Damn you Mist, the minute I see a cool blade I like you post showing you already have one !!!!:hopelessness:

15. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Hey man, sorry! It's not my fault you live in a paradise in the far away northwestern reaches :) . I knew I was going to get one of these in tan and black as soon as they became available when I saw the prototypes at Blade back in June...and have been making regular inquiries about it since. I know I have mentioned the knife a few times in other threads right after Blade, but not by name as I didn't know it yet. I was actually pretty stoked about something else at the time. I liked the design a lot but forgot to ask the name, and the proto just had TLT on it...and that didn't stick in my head. I am pretty sure I have some better pics of it somewhere but if you look in the lower right of this pic you can see parts of the two protos on the table. Of course if you look at the center you can tell what really had my attention at the moment :eek:

[​IMG]

16. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    I am really liking this knife. Love the orange. I don't need it but I don't know if I can resist. Thanks Joe.

17. Joezilla

Jul 22, 2005
    Tops really took the helm on this design, most of the credit should go to them. I'm a big fan of the light aspect of it and hope to translate that to further designs in the future.

18. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Actually it was 6 hours and 41 minutes later :D

19. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Looks like a good option for those liking the ESEE stuff without the coil. Cool to see more designs from them that don't looks so...... industrial. That's a nice looking blade, I really like the simplicity.

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice looking knife :thumbup: How is the sheath?