1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New Umnumzaan Without Lockbar Stop - Where To Get?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by LightGuy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy

Sep 12, 2010
    I really want to get a new Umnumzaan without the new lockbar stop/stabilizer. Does anyone know of a vendor that still has some without the LBS?

Thanks in advance!

2. jackthedog

jackthedog

Dec 21, 2009
    I think they might have been phased out. If you keep an eye on the exchange, I bet you can great a really good deal on an older one and even after sending it in for a spa treatment and reblasting (if need be) you'd probably come out ahead and with a brand new looking knife.

3. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    exchange..*cough* right now*cough

4. tactical0lll0hunter

tactical0lll0hunter

Oct 13, 2010
    I agree with Jackthedog, best to keep looking in the exchange...Most of the Dealers have the
    new version, I bought one a few weeks ago and it has the the lock bar stop....Make sure it was
    made before Nov. of 2011 or it will have the stop on it....

5. LightGuy

LightGuy

Sep 12, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I saw the one on the exchange - I'd kind of like a new on though and put my own scratches on it...

So what do you think of the LBS on yours? Is it noticeable when you hold it or use it for a while? I just wonder about that disc being uncomfortable after a while. I also worry about it getting loose after a while since it is steel press fit into titanium vs. being bolted on.

6. tactical0lll0hunter

tactical0lll0hunter

Oct 13, 2010
    Well I like the one I have and I don't really notice it. I think it could have been blended in a little better, but I like it.
    As far as the worry with it getting loose, where it is I don't think it will be a problem, but I am sure if there are any
    problems, that Mr. Reeves with take care of what ever comes up.....

7. 1SHOT1KILL

1SHOT1KILL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Check with Blade HQ. They are members here, I believe. They have some in stock as of today.

8. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE

Sep 17, 2006
    I have one with the lock stop and it's fine.

9. Jan I

Jan I

Dec 4, 2011
    I posted a link to a knife on a site here yesterday, but we are not supposed to do that, are we?

I know of available stock of such a thing as of a few days ago. LightGuy, check your email.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy

Sep 12, 2010
    I checked my email but nothing came through.. Can you send me a PM?

11. peichor

peichor

Oct 17, 2011
    I just played with one today at a local brick and mortar. Brand new, no stabilizer. He was asking $400. I wish I could have gotten it, but I don't have the cash. Anyway point is they're not all gone yet.

12. Jan I

Jan I

Dec 4, 2011
    PM sent. Good luck. If you snooze you lose.

13. LightGuy

LightGuy

Sep 12, 2010
    Thanks Jan! I have a non-LBS version on the way from Travis at Edged Specialties! He actually has both versions in stock, and either can be ordered from his website.

Thanks for the info!!

-Rich

14. LightGuy

LightGuy

Sep 12, 2010
    Bad news for me....unfortunately Travis didn't have any more non-LBS versions like he originally thought he did. Looks like Jan bought the last one..

So, the search continues. I also put a WTB out on the exchange for one, but am looking for one in great condition. If anyone has a lead on where I could get one, it would be much appreciated!!

15. Jan I

Jan I

Dec 4, 2011
    Sorry about that, Rich. If I come across any more I will give a shout.

16. LightGuy

LightGuy

Sep 12, 2010
    No problem at all - thanks for the lead anyway! I'm sure with the resources of this forum, I'll get a hold of one sooner or later. Hopefully sooner...;)

17. PAZach

PAZach Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2010
    LightGuy I sent you a PM.

18. kunc

kunc

Sep 8, 2009
    were there any s35vn zaans made without the child proofing?

19. JNewell

JNewell Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Yes, quite a lot. The new disc didn't arrive until some time in November, so roughly 10-11 months of production (but production is in batches, not continuous). In any case, some here would, at least for now, prefer S30V...YMMV, that's a hornets' nest I am not going to kick. :)

20. kunc

kunc

Sep 8, 2009
    ...after searching all over the net and calling many knife dealers around the US for the last week to no avail, I have found two umnumzaans in S35VN without the lockbar stop. The funny thing is that I just needed to look under my nose at a local high-end store. He had two left and each were born on October 18th. I ended up purchasing them both knowing that even if I decide to just keep one there shouldn't be a problem finding an owner for the other. Will put up some pics later today when I'm at home....