New York/New Jersey Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) • 2010

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by SharpByCoop, Nov 28, 2010.

1. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Oct 19, 20, 21. (Well, 99% of you will note that this show was held across the Hudson river, within eyesight of the Empire State building, but held in Secaucus NJ.)

I had a great show, in many ways: I had lots of projects, and I was able to visit and see a LOT of attendees. Moreso than the norm, because longtime promotor Steve D'lack and his crew offered me a spot in the show hall itself, off in the corner. Perfect.

My wife Susan and I arrived on Friday morning and left Sunday afternoon. Tired and happy.

Doing a show is BIG work: both at the show, and the editing and followup later. (The shooting at the show is only the tip of the iceberg compared to the amount of hours I need to spend completing images and prints, and doing submissions.)

I have finished the task and am ready to show you what arrived at my table over the weekend.

Each and every knife and maker have a story. I will return and edit comments later. :)

All the images are in alphabetical order, and are clickable to a larger version.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Coop

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  3. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now. I have more of Daniel Winkler's 'Winkler Knives II' hardworking knife images left to process.

Thanks for admiring.

Jim and Susan Cooper

5. mdc5162

mdc5162

Nov 3, 2010
    Thats some really beautiful and impressive work there. Great pictures once again Coop! Cant wait till I can afford some of these beautiful works of art.

6. peterinct

peterinct

Dec 13, 1999
    AWESOME display Coop!

Thanks for posting them.

Peter

7. Mark J

Mark J Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2001
    All I can say is WOW! Too bad I missed it. I'm going to have to trek out there next year and drool/spend. Thanks for the photos!

- Mark

8. HTMD

HTMD Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2002
    Great work Coop! Lots of nice blades too. :thumbup:

9. betzner

betzner Home To Morro Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    As usual, you do not disappoint, ever! Those are all beautiful, Coop!

My favorites, I think, are side-by-side, the Hanson and the Koji, two gorgeous folders.

Bob

10. stabber

stabber Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Great job Jim. Nice to see you at the show

11. Steve Nuckels

Steve Nuckels

Aug 18, 2009
    Jim, thanks for the great look at the show goods!

Your my source to see Jay Hendricksons knives! I see him a couple times a year at the Bill Moran shop but rarely get to see his work! I will have to ask him for a private showing we will be at the shop early next month.

Steve
    ---------
    Potomac Forge

12. rbslaughter1

rbslaughter1

Feb 15, 2006
    Fine job Coop.. Your photo reviews are always appreciated by us all.. Thanks so much, Best, Rich

13. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Work shows a lot of the diversity and knifemaking excellence present at this show.

Nice work, Jim!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

14. Jon Brand

Jon Brand Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2007
    It was excellent seeing you two briefly. I did not spend much time at the show but the room and layout was nice. Great photos. I am pretty inruiged by this particular shot. The damascus seems to show some of that depth that can often be hard to capture. Does it have to do with the angle that the knife is set up on?

[​IMG]

15. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Incredible line-up! The Fisk 'Personal Cutter' is my 'personal favourite'. :D

16. GTCknives

GTCknives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 24, 2010
    Thanks for sharing all these beautiful clear images, Coop!

17. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks all, for the nods. Yes, this was fun.

Jon, that's a pretty hard reflection straight off a mirror. Yes, it shows the pattern extraordinarily well.

Daniel and Karen didn't request more than a single sideview, and I was intrigued by that filework. I chose this pose to show THAT off, and you are seeing the side benefit. Plus I like to mix it up.

Again, thanks.

Coop

18. shaldag

shaldag

Jun 17, 2004
    Thanks for the report, Coop. It was great to finally meet you and your lovely wife.

There were some amazing pieces at that show.

19. Jon Brand

Jon Brand Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2007
    Didn't Rob have that large Fisk Bowie shot? I don't see it unless I keep missing it.. By the way those gold hansons are like treasures.

20. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    ^^^ Corrected in Post #2.