New ZT/Hinderer Flipper is Coming!!!0560/0561

And this is why we can't have nice things around here. Thanks guy (In a sarcastic voice).

I was being facetious :)

I've got atleast two on pre-order so I'd be pretty disappointed if they did. I bet they're going over it with a fine tooth comb so when they come out, we won't have anything to complain about. As for the 777, a redesign? I gave up on that one a while back though

I got my 0561 in a trade and have had it for almost a week now and it is by far my favorite folder. I am not a big fan of where the flipper is located when open, it rubs my index finger the wrong way. I resharpened the edge to a 30 degree inclusive and that made a big difference in cutting. I now want to regrind the blade to a thinner edge geometry. Has anybody else had this done yet? I have looked at the majority of this thread and not seen it yet.

I got my 0561 in a trade and have had it for almost a week now and it is by far my favorite folder. I am not a big fan of where the flipper is located when open, it rubs my index finger the wrong way. I resharpened the edge to a 30 degree inclusive and that made a big difference in cutting. I now want to regrind the blade to a thinner edge geometry. Has anybody else had this done yet? I have looked at the majority of this thread and not seen it yet.

Tom Krein has done some regrinds on the 0560/61 I believe. Let me see if I can russle up a picture.

No it is not, I emailed him not too long ago about getting a regrind and he said he had to stop doing them to focus on making his own knives and other projects.

Well I can certainly respect that. I really wanted to get my Manix 2 re-ground though....

Thanks for the pic Steel130. That is exactly what I was looking for.
I do not need Tom to do it, I plan on doing the regrind myself.
Now my next question is, how is the thumb stud attached? I do not want to go at it with pliers and scratch it up horribly.

He doesn't do regrinds anymore..

Have faith fellows:
I will also stop doing any regrind work for the next few months. When I start back I will open my list for 10-20 pieces and once the list is full, that is all I will take until the next time I open the list. This will also help with logistics and time. Of course I will finish any regrinds here now.

Now my next question is, how is the thumb stud attached? I do not want to go at it with pliers and scratch it up horribly.

Oh I figured you would be doing the grinding :). Tom is the only person I could think of that has done one off the top of my head. I believe the stop pin/thumbstuds are press fitted in. So once out, I am not sure how to go about getting them back in.

Oh I figured you would be doing the grinding :). Tom is the only person I could think of that has done one off the top of my head. I believe the stop pin/thumbstuds are press fitted in. So once out, I am not sure how to go about getting them back in.

Bantang also does regrinds.

I will be waiting to see what you do with your regrinds. Your customs have a really nice profile.

Back