1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

NJ Steel Baron Did It Again!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by NJSteelBaronShop, Aug 8, 2012.

1. NJSteelBaronShop

NJSteelBaronShop

May 1, 2012
    I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. We made another new website. And I have to say, this one is kind of awesome. I hope you all will check it out. With this one done, we and myself especially, hope to be a lot more involved on the forums. Tell stories, like when I dropped 3000 pounds of steel off a truck at Blade this year, talk about steel, like the AEB-L cutlery grade that just arrived, or just hang out to get verbally abused. Check out the site, there's events, a blog that I hope some of you will be able to contribute to, and more and more to come. Thanks for reading this and pass it along.

2. Rick Marchand

Rick Marchand Donkey on the Edge Moderator

Jan 6, 2005
    You got it, bro...... I love your pop and look forward to meeting you at some point. Sushi for the boys, again!

3. shane wink

shane wink

Sep 14, 2010
    I saw it this morning when ordering but it was still in transition from the old server. Looks good and easy to navigate! Thanks for all you do for us and if no others agree than thanks from me.

4. J. Hoffman

J. Hoffman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2011
    Awesome! I was the first person to "Like" NJSB on Facebook!

5. chris609

chris609

Oct 6, 2003
    Going to check it out now I would love to by from a supplier so close:)

6. NJSteelBaronShop

NJSteelBaronShop

May 1, 2012
    Or just stop by...everyone else does at some point. Ha!

7. Dan Pierson

Dan Pierson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 24, 2003
    Vast improvement in the web page. Congrats to whoever did it.

Now you really need to figure out some (probably meaningless) pictures for
    the different steel types just to get rid of the ugly (but equally meaningless)
    no picture symbols for them. I mean, really, how different do two pieces of
    steel look?

8. Mudbug007

Mudbug007

Nov 29, 2010
    Saw it today when I replied to an email to your Dad. I like the looks of this one, but I sure wish you would have all of one type of steel widths and thicknesses and their prices showing on one page similar to the old site. I don't care for the drop down menus. If I want several different widths and thicknesses, that's a lot of drop down menus to work through only to find out that some of them are out of stock!

Keep up the good work!

9. J. Rosa

J. Rosa KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    Cool and congrats! Can't wait to grab some of that AEB-L cutlery grade! When might that go up?

10. Bailey Knives

Bailey Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2004
    You guys rock! You have what any knifemaker needs. If I am asked about steel, I always refer them to the Baron. Thanks for doing this.

11. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Very nice! I just made my first order from you a couple days ago, I can't wait til the steel fairy shows up! :D

On the new site, if you can add a steel to your cart, does that mean it is in stock?

12. quint

quint

Nov 29, 2011
    Seems I cant check out with the new site. Ill try again tomorrow. Cool ya got some W2 and L6 in stock.

13. Travis Fry

Travis Fry

Jun 11, 2010
    What he said. I'll be placing an order soon but will probably just call you to see what you have in stock, since everything isn't actually listed.

14. arcadiaknives

arcadiaknives

Sep 19, 2008
    Hoping my first order from you gets to me before the weekend so I can play for a while. Really looking forward to it. Like the new site too.

15. gimmejr

gimmejr KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 28, 2005
    The site looks clean and did need to be updated but I kinda like the quicker navigation on the old site.

16. dperk

dperk

May 16, 2006
    Very nice updates! I like the pictures of knives associated with the steels and how easy to navigate now. It would be nice to have a 2nd view where you could see a grid type view for price comparisons. Maybe pick something like 154cm and .140" then hit a "grid" button and see all sizes, lengths and costs for a given thickness? ...just an idea.

I do like the look of the site and the graphics too! Nice work!

17. jonnymac44

jonnymac44

Sep 27, 2007
    Looking forward to seeing it! After my next show I'm going to be stocking up on a big 'ol pile of steel and I'll be checking it out for sure!!

18. jrmy0641

jrmy0641

Nov 18, 2009
    So I have to register again? Site's claiming that my account doesn't exist.

19. Michael Kemp

Michael Kemp

Jan 11, 2010
    ... I gotta ask... what's with the color swatches???

20. gimmejr

gimmejr KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 28, 2005
    CPM S35-VN
    Thickness
    Choose an option…. 103"/113"
    Width
    Choose an option…1.5"
    Length
    Choose an option…36"
    $4,463.00

DAMMM prices have gone up. lol Im sure its just supposed to be 44.63