• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

So here is an update:

"Talked to KnifeCenter and apparently, he owes them a bunch of product as well"

Yeah so now that is blade hq and knifecenter.... spread the word, "gene" jeff carte ivan black is still at it.

"gene" / Jeff Carte has not posted on Instagram in over a month. He did delete a bunch of comments on his Instagram page a few weeks ago. The comments all had to do with his true identity, long overdue orders and broken promises. Since then a bunch of people have posted about being owed knives / money. Long story short, this looks to be Karg Part 2, and it appears there are more than a few people who are getting ripped off by "gene" / Jeff Carte.

This is probably his last act. He's burnt two big dealers, in addition to at least 2-3x as many customers this time. I would be surprised if he managed to slip away again.

Guys on Instagram are talking about legal action. One appears to have an attorney involved.

I am not sure how many people he has burned this time, but I counted at least 12 complaining recently on Instagram (and I didn't dig too deep). I believe that a lot of folks keep quiet due to embarrassment when they get ripped off, so the number of individuals that have beed defrauded is probably significantly higher. Throw in Blade HQ and Knife Center, and this appears to be an on ongoing scam of a significant scale... assuming all the complaints are true.

You know the funny thing is there was 2 idiots posted on my page attacking me saying our evidence wasn't enough to convince them and they are "Nocturnal family"..... I don't see those two idiots posting anything anymore.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but if you read this thread and seen the issues and still bought knives that's their fault. I will remember those two that came in my page to defend jeff/gene, because they are responsible for helping nocturnal rip poeople off. They ain't going to get a pass either.

You know the funny thing is there was 2 idiots posted on my page attacking me saying our evidence wasn't enough to convince them and they are "Nocturnal family"..... I don't see those two idiots posting anything anymore.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but if you read this thread and seen the issues and still bought knives that's their fault. I will remember those two that came in my page to defend jeff/gene, because they are responsible for helping nocturnal rip poeople off. They ain't going to get a pass either.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was him posting under an alt account. Will Moon has been doing the same thing.

This correspondence happened a while ago, but I feel like posting it just to show just what kind of a character he is:

He's even claiming Mike is wrong... even though the proof is plainly in sight.

uXjPKiT.jpg

He's not Jeff Karte, but will NEVER give his last name... nothing suspicious about that.

BTW, more people complaining about LONG overdue refunds and knives. "gene" / Jeff Karte's house of cards appears to be falling down.

Well PayPa has him listed as Ivan Black

He attempted to have his legal name changed.

PROBATE COURT OF FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO IN RE: Change of Name of: JEFFREY EUGENE CARTE TO: IVAN CHRISTIAN BLACK Case NO. 00069873 NOTICE OF HEARING ON CHANGE OF NAME Revised Code, Sec 2717.01 Applicant hereby gives notice to all interested persons that the Applicant has filed an Application for Change of Name in the Probate Court of Fairfield County, Ohio requesting the change of name of Jeffrey Eugene Carte to Ivan Christian Black. The hearing on the application will be held on the 14th day of April, 2015 at 11:30 o'clock A.M. in the Probate Court of Fairfield County, located at 224 East Main Street, 3rd Floor, Lancaster, Ohio 43130. Jeffrey Eugene Carte 7705 Pickerington Rd. Canal Winchester, OH 43110

Again, it's not legal to change your name in furtherance of a criminal enterprise or to avoid lawful debts.

I just filed a thorough complaint with the Better Business Bureau about this, I suggest that anyone else that has had issues do the same! Help get this guy shut down for good. I have been very vocal on both his instagram and facebook pages. I just haven't had time to go to my lawyer yet, being disabled sucks.

I was just mad that PayPal said they couldn't do anything because it was longer than 6 months

I just filed a thorough complaint with the Better Business Bureau about this, I suggest that anyone else that has had issues do the same! Help get this guy shut down for good. I have been very vocal on both his instagram and facebook pages. I just haven't had time to go to my lawyer yet, being disabled sucks.

The BBB doesn't hold any power over him. It's basically Yelp before the internet was a big thing.

Years ago when I dealt with him as Karg Knives, I remember first hearing about his trouble with outstanding orders. At the time, I didn't think he was a scammer (not to mention he reported ongoing health issues) - maybe a deadbeat and unprofessional knifemaker/pimper, but not purposefully taking people's money and running when his gig was up.

I offered to pay him to return my knife, regardless of mod/scales completion. No dice - perhaps he just sold it. I guess his health problems back then were all fabricated as well.

Years ago when I dealt with him as Karg Knives, I remember first hearing about his trouble with outstanding orders. At the time, I didn't think he was a scammer (not to mention he reported ongoing health issues) - maybe a deadbeat and unprofessional knifemaker/pimper, but not purposefully taking people's money and running when his gig was up.

I offered to pay him to return my knife, regardless of mod/scales completion. No dice - perhaps he just sold it. I guess his health problems back then were all fabricated as well.

There is a lot more things he has done that I don't want to post as the people involved asked me not to. What I can say is that not only has he scammed customers, knife retailers & friends of mine in the knife community, but he has literally scammed his own family and personal friends. He has ruined people's lives that trusted him enough to invest in his ponzi scheme.

People are still being scammed, more and more. Do everyone a favor and make sure we continue to spread the word and redirect them back the this bladeforum thread. Thanks

Nocturnal knives just cleaned up their Instagram page. They deleted any comments referencing this thread, and any of the comments explaining his true identity.

Back