1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Noob CRK Question

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Dullknivescut, May 17, 2017.

1. Dullknivescut

Dullknivescut

Aug 10, 2016
    Beautiful piece!

Thanks Sonny, I'm looking forward to it. Will post some pictures once it's here. The inlay was one of my favorite available. I also really like the look of the thuya burl on the Mnandis.

2. Dullknivescut

Dullknivescut

Aug 10, 2016
    It's on the way! I'm trying to find a mnandi in box elder burl and it seems I cannot in brand new condition? I don't buy used or trade..

Anyone know where to look for mnandi in elder that isn't direct from Chris reeves? I just couldn't wait 9 months until I have built up a collection. As mentioned earlier I'm finding some new condition thuya burls for 400 range but no elder. :(

3. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    There is a dealer who sells on eBay who has some. Just search. I can't link directly because I don't know if they pay for a membership here. I know it's eBay but some dealers sell there and it's totally legit.

4. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Watch the Exchange. They pop fairly regularly.

Dullknivescut likes this.
  5. Dullknivescut

Dullknivescut

Aug 10, 2016
    Will do, do you know if the wood inlay sebenza comes with a pouch / sheath? I've read that wood inlay does.

6. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Wood inlayed does come with a pouch.

Dullknivescut likes this.
  7. Dullknivescut

Dullknivescut

Aug 10, 2016
    Thanks. The comments I read were dated awhile back so glad it's still ongoing. Saves me some cash.

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  8. Dullknivescut

Dullknivescut

Aug 10, 2016
    I just received it.. first impression. Perfection :cool:

I'm breaking it in as we speak, but because the plain parts of the handle / satin blade attracts so much finger prints do you use anything to wipe them off for when you're done using? So far the microfiber it came with has been ok in doing the job but I feel like I should use some oil or some specific cleaning pad to avoid scratches down the road?

I'll post pictures in the appropriate mega-thread here later today! It's absolutely fantastic, I feel lucky even by blanco's description. Not overly tight, no chipping or scratches, centering is perfect.. nothing astray whatsoever!

Using the calfskin pouch. Came with all the proper documents ( 2015 made. )

Also came with a registration card to send in to CRK if I want.

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 1:28 PM
    bhyde likes this.