1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Note on status

Discussion in 'Kiahdex Sheath Systems' started by Kiah, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Just putting a note here to save some emails.

I'm completely swamped with production stuff right now, and for the forseeable future I'm not taking any individual orders. I just don't have the time. SURVIVE! will likely be getting sheath production set up in-house at some point, but until that time it's all I can do to try and play catch-up. When I get some downtime, I will try to get the site back up and do some "ready to ship" stuff on things like the Fiskars sheaths, but I won't be doing any back and forth orders until I can do so without the wait time being given in months.

Thanks,
    Kiah

2. kurt6652

kurt6652

Dec 9, 2008
    That is cool your are so busy=success. Congratulations with your business taking off. Kurt

3. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    ^ I second this, CONGRATULATIONS!!! As of my GSO-5.1, I am convinced that Kiah is the best kydex-bender in the business. Keep it up!

4. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    THanks for letting us know bud, and congrats on the business going well :thumbup:

5. Vic303

Vic303

Sep 25, 2003
    Kiah, any status updates on when you might get time to start up individual orders again?

6. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    Thanks guys.

No, sorry. It won't be anytime real soon though. There's a sticky in the sheath forum with makers though that I would check, and I can always recommend Mike Sastre and David Brown for quality work.

7. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    I came here to see if you could make an attachment to adjust my 3.5's center of gravity so I can carry it baldric style tip up. Disappointed you're not doing custom work but I understand. You're success is well founded. By far the best kydex I've had. :)

8. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm not Kiah, but I'm curious what you mean ... Kiah's sheaths tend to have slots/holes for attaching a Tek-Lok or just some cord by which it could be attached to a baldric in a variety of positions. Something like this (not a 3.5, but similar)?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    Not entirely sure what you mean, but shoot me an email explaining and I'll see what I can do. I've got the 3.5 stuff out right now anyway, so shouldn't be a big deal.