Official 110 Auto!

Good catch, just noticed the hole in the blade ;)

110%20Auto%20new%20for%202017_zpscxv4yq4p.jpg

Thank you WV for the heads up. Fun news. No nail nick. One-handed 110. And the third auto in three years if the Quickfire goes into production.

A star on your chart Roger :thumbup: Seemingly impossible task to cut and paste pdf image & text with this ipad...

Last edited:
Intriguing... I've never been a big auto guy, even the ones I have never see pocket time. This though, might just be the one... So long as it's not outrageously priced.

Last edited:
I wonder how distribution will be handled as knife laws vary state to state.... good to go in Missouri.... :)
As I understand the chart below, federal law prohibits inter-state sales.... seems like a catch 22.
Guess that means I can't order one from LO.

This link will take you to a chart of States and their Switchblade status.

http://weaponlaws.wikidot.com/us-switchblade-laws

Last edited:
That looks like a jewel in that irregular firing button. I wonder if it is a collaboration with the genius Butch Vallotton (the button says that it is IMHO).

Larry, do you have any other photos/pictures for us pic hungry forum members? Pretty please.

I hope we'll see a 112 version! Prototypes/samples of this will be a jewel in any 110 collection. Buck has kept the news of the development of this knife quiet. ..I wonder who in Buck pushed for this one CJ maybe?

This is the adulterated/mangled by Butch Vallotton supposed factory 110 auto prototype I was chasing before my recent unpleasantness. The dealer no longer shows it in inventory. It was to be brought to Blade/Atlanta by the dealer for Joe to try to authenticate but Buck had other pressing business and didn't attend so mystery unsolved. Joe said that the knife dates to when CJ ran the shop. CJ said he had no memory of it. Butch could automate plastic picnic ware. The dealer swore that the frame was factory made automatic prototype and one of maybe a few...

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Very cool! Interested so long as the price isn't a pain point for me. Wonder what the ad means by "friction fit leather sheath"? May drive the price up if it doesn't use a standard sheath.

i collect autos so im in. been passing on bad 110 auto conversions for years. one thats factory done...wow. very exciting.

Oregon-I see that they already have a Quickfire AO so are they considering making it also in auto mode?

Oregon-I see that they already have a Quickfire AO so are they considering making it also in auto mode?

A small auto would be welcome but no Quickfire auto version, not AFAIK. (Convertible by mangler???)

They have the Impact auto currently (with color variations) and the Rapidfire auto expected anytime. Fun times for automatic and Buck aficionados. :thumbup:

The firing button is looking stranger and stranger to my sore red eyes with each photo. I've taken liberties with the KC photo and now I see a crater in the stabilized wood around the metal button holder. The button itself looks the size of one of the scale pins... Hengem, I need you! A photo at 45 degrees to the button would be revealing I believe and very welcome.

The firing button is looking stranger and stranger to my sore red eyes with each photo. I've taken liberties with the KC photo and now I see a crater in the stabilized wood around the metal button holder. The button itself looks the size of one of the scale pins... Hengem, I need you! A photo at 45 degrees to the button would be revealing I believe and very welcome.

To me, it looks like they recessed the button into the wood. That makes sense to me to help prevent accidental opening, especially in and out of a leather sheath. I don't understand the inclusion of a nail nick though. Photo in post #4 show no nail nick while the KC has one. No-nick would certainly help distinguish a genuine Buck from a mod.

I understand the fascination with the auto knife and I'm guilty of it. The auto has been romanticized and elevated to a "celebrity" status. I have (1) Buck 110 "switch blade".

After I got my auto knife I soon realized that assited knifes, the ones I longed for since childhood, the ones I saw in the movies, were nothing more than a novelty and after playing with mine I soon had buyers remorse.

Maybe the worse part was my dad telling me they were knifes for dummies and show and not understanding what he meant until after I purchased my own.

Truth be told, I'm embarrassed to admit defying my fathers advice is probably the reason why I spent twice the dollars on what I would have on a 110 that had better steel for a button operated 110.

I also read you can't have a knife collection without a switchblade so that's another train of thought. And I also understand collecting so if Buck makes it and you probably need it. (Withought question you need it).

Where I live it's legal to own a auto knife and posses on ones person in ones home. I can't have it on my person outside of my house and I can't transport it it my vehicle. Overall It pretty useless and the cool factor rapidly diminishes.

We are discussing the new 110 auto. Neither you or your father have seen or handled it yet. Perhaps you don't belong here.

George Schrade invented the automatic knife (and the player piano btw) and the creativity will never stop unless nobody cares. Americans are creative. The Buck family has perpetuated a masterful business enabling many levels of consumers to have what they desire. I relish this families' take on the automatic format as applied to their 50-year-old iconic folder. Fist bump for CJ Buck, rapidly turns to gear shift hand clasp. Well done CJ.

Back