Ok, new 9" bladed Camp Knife Drawing!

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
So here is what I have come up with for a camp knife. I drew out quite a few and like this one the best. The blade shape might change a little bit when I profile it but it will look pretty close. I like the handle the way it is. Its wide so I will probably use thick scales, like 1/2" so I can shape it more, kinda like a stick tang bowie handle. I need to order the steel but hopefully I can finish a couple up this month after my orders are done. What ya think?
001-1.jpg

Here it is with a little longer handle and 9" blade
campknife.png

Last edited:
Looks pretty good Bro,
Might be just about perfect.
I vote for this knife as your next pass around.

Thanks Joseph, Im going to do them full convex since I like that grind on larger knives. I just did a BK9 for a guy with a full convex and it turned out wicked sharp. I took it out to test the heat treat by chopping a 4x4 in half and it still went through paper afterwards like butter.

Hey, like the pic of that Kephart!

Speaking of kepharts, Get to work will ya! . Really no hurry bro. On that BK 9 you convexed, was that the edge or the grind.

Yeah Wilson, should be. I wanted something with a useable tip in case it was the only knife you had with you. We will see how it turns out!

Ha, I will OF. Friday is the starting day for my orders. I am going to wake up early and hopefully can get them all profiled out and ground. Im still waiting on your wood to come back but it should be here in the next week. Let me know what liners you would like. I have brown, black, orange, ivory, red, green, blue, or jade green. Im thinking Ivory, orange, or red would look sweet on that one.

Ha, I will OF. Friday is the starting day for my orders. I am going to wake up early and hopefully can get them all profiled out and ground. Im still waiting on your wood to come back but it should be here in the next week. Let me know what liners you would like. I have brown, black, orange, ivory, red, green, blue, or jade green. Im thinking Ivory, orange, or red would look sweet on that one.
How's about red liners.

Yeah Wilson, should be. I wanted something with a useable tip in case it was the only knife you had with you. We will see how it turns out!

Yeah, the tip has enough of a curve to use for skinning if a man had to.

Man, what is it about big knives @ 2:00am that starts your imagination going into high gear . . . . . .
Chris, good looking design. Just something about those size knives man, just something about them . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

That looks awesome. Ill trade ya a fiddleback hiking buddy for it ;)

Lookin' very cool Chris; it will be one big, bad KFU blade. :thumbup:
Excited to see it come to life...

Great Design Bro! But a full convex on 3/16" will be interesting

I have to say that looks like an awesome design especially for that POU, I would add some jimping on top for a little better traction and an extended pommel for hammering tasks

Back