OK,what is Gibbs's Rule number 9?

mykel m

Gold Member
Always carry a knife!
No ifs,ands or buts about it!
If you don't,you get Gibbs'd! :eek: :D
[video=youtube_share;QqMUuOPsa0o]http://youtu.be/QqMUuOPsa0o[/video]
Yuk,yuk.:D

Anyhoo,I got my JK Rule #9 (and a lanyard made by & donated for free by KYEnglish) & the LRK+ at work yesterday.
Thank you John & Peter!

For those that don't know,the Rule #9 was designed by Proturist,(proud supporter of JK Knives #7,Mack)

To be honest,when I first saw it I wasn't too impressed,but the more pics I saw of it(thanks Mack:cool:) & thought about it,the more it grew on me.
I had to get one in hand to see for myself whether or not I'd like it,so I placed my order for July.
And all I have to say is....right on Mack!
The handle is very comfy in hand with different grips & the pointy,almost dagger like blade will do just about anything you'd want a knife to do.
It's got a bit more belly than drop in the spine and I can see using it to clean big or small game,fish and a number of camp duties.
I can also see it as a defensive tool or emergency survival tool.
It's got the exposed tang that can be used as a defensive impact tool(for when you don't want to dirty up the blade on some sob that really needs it)or a scraper for making bowls and/or spoons+tinder & for pounding on if needed and the nice point for drilling/penetrating.
Overall,it's a great design well made by John.

Here it is with a couple of other great JK models.
The friction folder I edc at work & gets used daily & the Satin LRK will be getting scales.(still undetermined)
I carry a Kershaw Schallot & Vic.Rambler in my pants pocket so the R9 will be carried in my edc pack for now on & will get used in camp as much as possible when I can get out there.(can't wait to dirty it up)

01803da1.jpg

Check out them curves..woohoo baby.

3a9d5e71.jpg

c43614d3.jpg

db53dba0.jpg

Get your's on order now,you won't be sorry.:)

Last edited:
Looks good myke, may have o add that to the wish list, protourist had just about convinced me already :), I hate getting the back of my head slapped anway, :p

That's a beauty! Like the red spacers.

Glenn

Wow, what a thread to wake up to. That turned out beautifully.
At first glance it looks to simple to be special. Once you've had it in your hand though, it's functionality slaps you in the head. It really is a special knife.
I hope you enjoy it. John made a simple design into a functioning work of art.

Last edited:
Great lookin' knife. Black micarta with red liners is my default handle combo.

Jeff

The Rule #9 is one of those models that I frequently lust after. If it is possible for a knife to be sexy, the Rule #9 is.

Add it to my 2013 list of things I need.

Wow, what a thread to wake up to. That turned out beautifully.
At first glance it looks to simple to be special. Once you've had it in your hand though, it's functionality slaps you in the head. It really is a special knife.
I hope you enjoy it. John made a simple design into a functioning work of art.
Yeah I hope I enjoy it too.:rolleyes: ;)
But I know I will & I do like the feel of it that's for sure.

One day when I get stuck in your neck of the woods you'll need to show me around up there. I've always wanted to perambulate the Washington hills.

One day when I get stuck in your neck of the woods you'll need to show me around up there. I've always wanted to perambulate the Washington hills.
Hell yeah Mack!
I gotta warn ya though,I do more sitting than perambulatin'.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Me too. In the shape I'm in lately I perambulate pretty slowly and sit a lot.:D

Well if you perambulate fast y'er doin' it wrong.;)

Sometimes I forget whether I'm perambulating or moseying. It gets confusing at times. That's when I sit and cogitate for a while.

lol. great thread guys. and myke...congrats on your new #9. looks great.

I have always loved Mack's design for the RN9 - it is really a beautiful knife - just good lines.

I can't wait to see one in snakewood. It'll come - but I had to order a Galley Wag first , and we'll be seeing a viKtim in snakewood soon as well - so I have to cogitate a bit myself before I order another blade.

best

mqqn

I thought you meant Phil Gibbs. His ninth rule is Never bring cupcakes to a super-model pillow fight.

I thought you meant Phil Gibbs. His ninth rule is Never bring cupcakes to a super-model pillow fight.

Either I am really drunk or that is seriously funny.:D

Sometimes I forget whether I'm perambulating or moseying. It gets confusing at times. That's when I sit and cogitate for a while.
I used to cogitate on whether or not a bear actually doodoos in the woods,but then once while perambulating about,I found proof that they shor'nuf do,doodoo in the woods.:D

004-33.jpg

My last time up there I saw one walking along the Columbia out on an island near Longview. I was really surprised.

You mean there's another Gibbs with rules out there?Geez,whats with these guys named Gibbs & rules.:rolleyes:
And if I was going to a super-model pillow fight,I just bring the icing,forget the cupcakes.;)

Back