"Old Knives"

Paul, That Knife- IS one of the most STUNNING knives I have seen in a long time- Oh man that is just amazing!!

Gorgeous old Schrade Paul! Congrats on that find, my friend. That particular pattern style is probably my fav oldie!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my schrade cut co.

Boy that's quite a good looker Phil:thumbsup:

Wow!
Lloyd those Knives are in exceptional condition.
This is what Knife collecting is all about to be able to work towards gathering such high end items.
I love all of those Knives - my eyes sway toward the OVB then to the Jonathan Crookes!!! yet I hate saying that because it's as if I am dismissing that beautiful NY Knife / Hammer brand.
Wonderfull.

Campbellclanman, it's all good. I have quite certain that beautiful serpentine HSB jack was made on contract by the NYKC. Fine example of a very old blade....

Two old beauties Philllll.
That Empire is something Charlie would like to see I bet! also that Wostenhilm is as you say simply irresistible my friend.

Now THAT is what you call Stag.

WOW, some gorgeous vintage folders have been shared here lately:thumbsup: Very nice gentlemen!

Here are two more old knives I recently acquired. The Shapleigh DE Congress I posted photos of on the thread "Diamonds in the Rough" but thought it should be shown in this thread also. So, the first one is a Shapleigh DE Congress with stag handles I believe. It is 3 & 3/8 inches closed. All blades are pretty full and it has wonderful W & T. Has almost all hidden joints and the blades nestle very low in between the handles.

The second is a Walden Knife Company Congress with jigged bone handles. It is 3 & 3/16 inches closed. It has rat tail bolsters and completely hidden joints. The sheep foot blade does not retract into the blade well as deep as the DE. Blade etch WALDEN still visible on sheep foot. All blades are pretty full and it too has excellent W & T. Thanks for looking, Lloyd
IMG_1136.jpg IMG_1137.jpg IMG_1133.jpg IMG_1134.jpg

Lovely, Lloyd. While not exactly the biggest Congress fan, those two are enough to start pulling me in that direction. A well crafted knife in any pattern is always a pleasure to view.

Holy hell. Those are just...holy hell. I've lamented before that nobody makes knives anymore with those nailfile/cleaner blades. Well, there's SAKs and Leathermans, but that's not the same thing. I can almost never find anything like that (eBay, never in person), and when I do, the price is ridiculous. Or maybe it's not ridiculous, but it's more than I can afford.

Lloyd, Phil, Paul all great vintage knives anyone would be proud to have in their collection.

Couple recent acquisitions, both are ebony jacks, a 4 line Camillus with a large shield in relation to its size and a Manhattan Cutlery Co made in Germany around the WW1 timeframe, maybe made by Boker.IMG_6870.jpgIMG_6872.jpgIMG_6874.jpg

Very nice Congress knives, Lloyd. The Diamond Edge is almost surely an Empire-made knife. They were famous for their "blackened" Stag (likely using potassium permanganate).
Great Jacks, Augie! I have been seeking out older Camillus knives lately - they did some great cutlery in their heyday!
I am always amazed at how well those old manicure blades function, Philllll - nice collection. I wonder if we will ever see a modern-made one??

Back