"Old Knives"

Thanks Charlie :thumbsup: ... great Sfilato posted by you as well with a somewhat different design and with great background given the Mirandos - now that is cool :thumbsup::thumbsup:..

Great HJs Campbellclanman and nice Wenger North Shore. And I love the old Italians Longblade and waynorth!!!

Not been around for quite sometimes and catching up. WOW guys such great knives are popping up, so much to see so much to read. Thanks all.

Mike

Wow - Longblade- live those two Dirks. Fantastic viewing!
I remember when you posted that Knife before Charlie( if I gave the right one) didnt you have suspicions that the Father made that particular Knife?

New Sheffield Ibberson here. Marks "R-39" on the liners. One tiny hairline crack in the pearl but otherwise the blades look practically unused!
ybemvm3.jpg

VOv844w.jpg

yxxgX6f.jpg

Wow - Longblade- live those two Dirks. Fantastic viewing!
I remember when you posted that Knife before Charlie( if I gave the right one) didnt you have suspicions that the Father made that particular Knife?
Yes, I've thought that for a while, Duncan. Not as old as Longblade's of course, the style seems to coincide with the time Pappa Mirando came over to America.
This is not an old knife, but a recent interpretation of a Sfilato by Roberto De Marinis in Horn and Carbone. This is a good example of the common Frosolone style of the last 90 years or so, from what I have seen.

Sfilato modern 1.jpg

Nice Ibberson David!

Charlie thats a Stout looking Knife! Nice pieces displayed with the Knife as well Charlie! are they dug up locally?

Thank you Charlie- I thought you had the Turquoise locally my apologies. Interesting - can't wait to see you again in 3 weeks.
Charlie I always say this - but MAN that Camillus has got to be one of the most outstanding Knives I have seen for a while. I absolutely love it.
By the way I am SO glad to see you got that Lockwood Farmers Jack.

Thanks again for the heads up Duncan!!
Never mind that I have to eat bean$ and onion$ for a couple of week$!!
:rolleyes:

Beans never taste so good when knowing it was for such a cause.
I live on beans - especially with the GEC Rendezvous :)

I still can't believe that Cammy. Amazing.
Package arrive yet?

Stop this Charlie- it's having serious effects on my Health.
Lovely Cammy's those last two, I need to come back over to your home- this time just a sleeping bag on the floor with your Knives - will do me fine ( a solid week, just a bowl of water and rice ) be the best week of my life Im thinking! :thumbsup::D

Some wonderful knives posted of late. I've been a bit awol from BF. Trying to get Duncan's room ready in the garage for his stay prior to and after the rendezvous:p Kudos to all that have posted. Charlie, just amazing the knives you post. This is my favorite thread:thumbsup:

This Cattaraugus was my Grandfather's safety award from Bethlehem Steel in Lackawanna, NY.
lXokOcO.jpg
Didn't mean to skip over your Grandfather's award knife, Wazu!!
I worked at Bethlehem in Lackawanna in 1962 and 1963 between semesters. It was a hard place to stay safe!!

Heh - nice of you to put Duncan up in the Garage, Paul!
Does he sleep in the truck, or under it??
:D

I agree with Charlie Wazu, I love that it carries his use of the knife with it. I love family heirlooms which that certainly is.

Charlie, in or under the truck may change from day to day with Duncan:D

Didn't mean to skip over your Grandfather's award knife, Wazu!!
I worked at Bethlehem in Lackawanna in 1962 and 1963 between semesters. It was a hard place to stay safe!!
It sure was a happening back then. I remember when my Father said he could get a summer job for me there :eek: I politely declined and spent the summer fishing Lake Erie with the steel plant off in the distance.

Nice old and sentimental knife Wazu :thumbsup: (and BTW - you had me slapping at my computer screen at that small fly in your signature LOL) .. and nice knives Charlie especially that unique stockman :thumbsup: ...

Here’s an old Wostenholm Hawkbill that no doubt goes by the old adage "There ain’t no stag like old stag” … :D

This Wostenholm at 4 1/2” has just very appealing thick slabs of aged stag (to me aged stag, ivory and in many cases jigged bone just has the special appeal and in many cases because they were well handled over the years they also sport a rich color – to me the old stag is so much more appealing than any stag offered today)… Interesting aspects of this knife include the integral liners and bolsters (suggesting pre-1860), the notable blade etch of I*XL which has a different font than most Wostenholm blades, and some nice rat tail bolsters as well… I even posted a photo of the integral liners and bolsters for those interested which also gives some idea as to the slab of stag used for the handle covers….. Blade still has bear trap snap and a solid half stop – and not abit of wobble… tight as the day it left the shop and a real handful of knife with some weight as well ;-)) …

mj1JecL.jpg

DQfX5m9.jpg

Lwi36rE.jpg

JSkWPFt.jpg

dXqZE5R.jpg

16Xtbou.jpg

fVaOehh.jpg

[As an aside – there were multiple threads where this would fit in addition to here including the “Prune Big, or Go Home..” thread and “Golden Age of Sheffield” thread… I guess I could add them to those threads as well for posterity… Just don’t know if posting the same knife in multiple threads is an acceptable practice on BF so looking for some advice – I always figured there may be a few who read the other threads and not this one who may be interested…]

Cheers!
Lee

Back