1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Old SEAL Knife Advertisement

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by Deadpool13, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Deadpool13

Deadpool13

Aug 24, 2012
    Hello, I have a question about an old Ka-Bar advertisement from the late 90s. It was an image of a SEAL diver (if I remember correctly) with a Ka-Bar knife that had been developed for special forces/SEAL use. It was a tanto blade with a very unique shape for a Ka-Bar (especially the handle, not a barrel shape but kind of rectangular with a section at the hilt for the thumb). I was wondering if anyone remembers this knife? One of the key points of the advertisement was it being able to punch a hole through a car door. Ring any bells? Trying to track down the model name.

2. Deadpool13

Deadpool13

Aug 24, 2012
    My apologies, got it confused with Ka-Bar somehow by mistake. I finally found an image of it and was able to track it down. It was the Emerson-Neely Timberline Specwar knife. Figures I would finally find it after searching for an hour and making a forum post lol. Does anyone have experience with or an opinion of this knife?

If an admin thinks this post should be moved to a different section of the forum now that I've figured it out feel free. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Timberline-specwar.jpg