1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ontario Black Wind Katana, Rare 1095 Carbon steel sword

Discussion in 'For Sale: Production Knives (Individual)' started by UCPOPO, May 13, 2012.

1. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    For sale I have this new, unused Ontario Black Wind Katana, model BWS-1. Made in the good ol USA. I know I'm probably going to regret selling this but I can't justify two of these. This is a battle ready sword that is very well made of 3/16" thick 1095 carbon steel. They haven't made these for nearly 20 years so finding a new on is next to impossible. I love the size and weight of these. $220 shipped in the USA, Paypal 'gift'. Please pm or email me with offers. Here are the specs:

SPECIFICATIONS

Blade Length: 20 inches
    Handle Length: 10 inches
    Thickness: 3/16"
    Weight w/o Sheath: Approx.1.9 pounds
    Sheath: Kydex with multiple attachment options
    Balance Point: 4 inches in front of cross guard
    Blade material: 1095 Carbon Steel
    Handle: Paracord wrap, double layer. Solid grip with a very tight wrap. Two holes drilled in the tang would make it a simple matter to affix a custom handle if anyone chose to do so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SkyChi

SkyChi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2004
    PM Sent

3. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    On hold for ya brother. :thumbup: