Options

Bo

It is inevitable that I am going to have a Sebenza.
I like the idea of dual studs. I am going to have a horizontal carry G2 sheath made so I do not want the clip. I have seen several references to a clip plug or somthing like that. Would someone explain that one.

I also want my initials put on it. Is this an expencive option?

Thanks for your help.

Bo, have CRK do the engraving. They use a better cutter than the mall engravers. I think they charge $25 as for the plug, it was $20. Good luck!

------------------
"Hi, I'm Fish, and I'm a Sebenzaholic..."
copfish@aol.com

Bo,
The clip insert is basically a very short piece of "clip" that fills in the hole, but still gives a flat profile. The clip insert and screw, double thumblug and engraving are each $20 options. If you haven't ordered one yet, you can have it made to your specs rather than buying one and then sending it in for the work.

Hope this helps,
Cappy

Options for Sebenza
DOUBLE THUMBLUG $20.00
ENGRAVING $20.00
SERRATED BLADE $20.00
SMALL SWEDGE $20.00
POLISHED HOLLOW GRIND $10.00
WINSTON

Hey winston,

What a small swedge and what is polish hollow grind?

------------------
-Humpty

"Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty dumpty had a great fall.
Maybe Humpty should of had a knife."

A polished hollow grind is like the finishes on decorated sebenzas. The hollow portion is satin finished and the rest of the blade has a stonewash finish. The swedge is like those on the LDC sebenzas.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Could someone possibly post a picture showing these knives with some of the options mentioned? I saw the picture of the double thumb plug on another post. Would like to see clip insert, and small swedge.

Please at least describe a small swedge, How do I know if I want one if I do not know what it is.

Thanks

insert.jpg

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

That is one GREAT picture you posted of the removed clip, stjames. I was thinkink of removing mine and changing over to that configuration, and getting a belt pouch. Your picture helped convince me. Thanks a lot !

For the Hollow Grind... do you mean that the handel is like one of a decorated sebenza? Or the blade?

------------------
-Humpty

"Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty dumpty had a great fall.
Maybe Humpty should of had a knife."

A swedge is where the top of the blade is thinned. This allows better penetration, and lightens the blade. It also weakens the blade. A Spyderco Native has a swedge.

A polished hollow grind is like those on the blades of decorated sebenzas.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

The swedge on the LDC line is minor, almost cosmetic. I am not sure if it is the standard pattern they use as a modification.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Does CR Knives sell an "insert" for the small sebenza? I mean an insert to replace the hole left if the clip is removed.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

------------------
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"...TR

Back