Ordered my very first Spyderco yesterday!

So I have been wanting a Spyderco for quite some time now. I do not have any knives shops, or sporting goods where I live, so Amazon.com must do for me. But Anyway I ordered the Spyderco Tenacious. I hope that the one I chose is a good one for some new to Spyderco. I would like some personal experiences with this very Spyderco to see if my research has payed-off?!
P.S. I will post some pictures as soon as I get it in the mail.

Can't go wrong with a Tenacious, kind of the "flagship" entry level blade for Spyderco

I think everyone starts with a tenacious, delica or endura it seems. good choice.

Can't go wrong with a Tenacious, kind of the "flagship" entry level blade for Spyderco

Quite true, although I started with the Persistence as it is a better fit for me. Great way to start up your Spyderco collection, but one is never enough...which Spyderco is next...hmm so many choices :)

Welcome to the addiction! The Tenacious is a nice knife from what I've seen. You can also get them with green and blue G10 handles for nearly the same cost. There goes a $100 of your money right there. You're welcome ;)

If you end up liking a G10-scaled knife, a Para Military 2 would be a nice upgrade. They're ~$100. They have a bushing system and are quite smooth.

Enjoy your first Spydie!

I agree- I have a Tenacious and I think it is great. It looks like a lot more expensive knife than it is.

Just got my Resilience as first Spyderco. Smooth, solid & sharp. What else you can ask ;)?

Don't let some anti China comment from other thread distract you. I have Resilience, and fit & finish is as good as any modern manufacturing can produce. Being Spyderco, it's better than the OEM making their own branded knives using similar material.

The only thing that might be true is the steel is not high end. It's good enough for EDC use (at least my use). Checkout stefanwolfss' review & test on Resilience.

Last edited:
The Tenacious (Or Persistence, Ambitious, resilience) Are fantastic bargain knives. They get crazy sharp very easily, too.
Lets post some pics of ours.
IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

I love my blue Tenacious. It is currently my #1 work knife. Can not beat it for the price.

Welcome to the family! I have heard the tenacious is a nice knife. I have a Delica 4 FFG and LOVE it. I have it in my pocket every day for about two years. I would definitely recommend it.

The tenacious was my first pocketknife and my first Spyderco too. Great knife especially for the money! :)

this was my first Spyderco, great choice and you wont be disappointed. 8cr13mov is actually a really good steel and i like it for an entry level spyderco knife

The Tenacious is a grand "gateway" Spydie. The quality certainly is there and the 8CR13MOV while no high speed steel shouldn't dissapoint for general EDC use. All in all you made a wise and educated choice.

Back