1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ordered my very first Spyderco yesterday!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by bcknives, Jun 24, 2012.

1. bcknives

bcknives

Jun 22, 2012
    So I have been wanting a Spyderco for quite some time now. I do not have any knives shops, or sporting goods where I live, so Amazon.com must do for me. But Anyway I ordered the Spyderco Tenacious. I hope that the one I chose is a good one for some new to Spyderco. I would like some personal experiences with this very Spyderco to see if my research has payed-off?!
    P.S. I will post some pictures as soon as I get it in the mail.

2. JW Knives

JW Knives

Feb 22, 2011
    Can't go wrong with a Tenacious, kind of the "flagship" entry level blade for Spyderco

3. Hauling

Hauling

May 14, 2012
    I think everyone starts with a tenacious, delica or endura it seems. good choice.

4. viper89

viper89 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Quite true, although I started with the Persistence as it is a better fit for me. Great way to start up your Spyderco collection, but one is never enough...which Spyderco is next...hmm so many choices :)

5. hondahirny

hondahirny

Apr 2, 2012
    Welcome to the addiction! The Tenacious is a nice knife from what I've seen. You can also get them with green and blue G10 handles for nearly the same cost. There goes a $100 of your money right there. You're welcome ;)

If you end up liking a G10-scaled knife, a Para Military 2 would be a nice upgrade. They're ~$100. They have a bushing system and are quite smooth.

Enjoy your first Spydie!

6. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I agree- I have a Tenacious and I think it is great. It looks like a lot more expensive knife than it is.

7. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Just got my Resilience as first Spyderco. Smooth, solid & sharp. What else you can ask ;)?

Don't let some anti China comment from other thread distract you. I have Resilience, and fit & finish is as good as any modern manufacturing can produce. Being Spyderco, it's better than the OEM making their own branded knives using similar material.

The only thing that might be true is the steel is not high end. It's good enough for EDC use (at least my use). Checkout stefanwolfss' review & test on Resilience.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  8. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Double post :( slow internet

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  9. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    The Tenacious (Or Persistence, Ambitious, resilience) Are fantastic bargain knives. They get crazy sharp very easily, too.
    Lets post some pics of ours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SW9VEman

SW9VEman

Dec 30, 2011
    I love my blue Tenacious. It is currently my #1 work knife. Can not beat it for the price.

11. xjsnake

xjsnake

Jun 15, 2012
    Welcome to the addiction...

12. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    Welcome to the family! I have heard the tenacious is a nice knife. I have a Delica 4 FFG and LOVE it. I have it in my pocket every day for about two years. I would definitely recommend it.

13. GabD

GabD

May 22, 2012
    The tenacious was my first pocketknife and my first Spyderco too. Great knife especially for the money! :)

14. tfields

tfields

Apr 15, 2012
    i love my tenacious it led me too my second spyderco the manix 2 xl .

15. paratom

paratom Gold Member Gold Member

May 11, 2012
    this was my first Spyderco, great choice and you wont be disappointed. 8cr13mov is actually a really good steel and i like it for an entry level spyderco knife

16. sixgunner455

sixgunner455

Feb 21, 2007
    RED?!?! drool...

Want.

17. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    The Tenacious is a grand "gateway" Spydie. The quality certainly is there and the 8CR13MOV while no high speed steel shouldn't dissapoint for general EDC use. All in all you made a wise and educated choice.

18. WR Monger

WR Monger

Mar 27, 2012
    Go get a Manix 2!!!!!!!!

19. NinjaRyder0920

NinjaRyder0920 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Great choice. Tenacious is a quality knife!

20. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Anyone knows what's the angle of factory edge?