Passaround = Koster BushMaster

They didn't come today. :( If they get here tomorrow afternoon, I guess I get 'em for the weekend! :p :D

They were safely here when I got home tonight. Very nice! Initial impression is that the tapered tang makes all the difference! Full review with pics coming tomorrow!

What is the prefered method of shipping to the next recepient?

USPS with priority, that us 2-3 days or is it Fed-X 2 day or UPS 2 day?

I know that my priority mail is not left on the front porch, thus extending moving the day out by one. I have not had anythnig stolen from the front porch, but I know that many have. I know a few around me that have. I guess I am just wondering what the prefered method we are using here:eek: ;)

Cerberus

Personally I preferred USPS Priority Mail. But am happy to let you guys do whatever works best for you. :thumbup:

Excellent!

Feel free to polish/etc. - they are users, after all. :thumbup:

My recommendation is to use a fine metal polish to remove any tarnish, and clean up the tough-stuff with a scotchbrite pad - rubbing in the direction of the satin finish (spine to edge).

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Dan

A FEW MORE TESTING PHOTOS POSTED

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7936382/?action=slideshow

DONNA WILL GET THEM SUNDAY---WE WILL TEST THEM IN A GROUP SETTING THEN AS WELL(MORE PHOTOS WILL BE POSTED)

LIKE THE TAPERED TANG MODEL BETTER---BUT BOTH ROCK!!!!!

DONNA WILL SHIP BOTH TO NEXT IN LINE ON TUESDAY

THANKS AGAIN DAN!!!!---YOU HAVE 2 WINNING MODELS HERE

DR.BILL

Passed Them To Donna

She Will Be Testing Them Until Tuesday

She Will Post More Photos As Well

I Personally Liked Them Both Very Well--

The One With The Tapered Tang Fit My Hand Better.

Dan--you Had Better Get Ready To Get A Lot Of Orders For These...

Thank You Again For Allowing Me To Be A Part Of The Passaround

Dr.Bill

Thank, Bill !!

Looking forward to the pics...and Donna's review.

Dan

Hi Dan...here is my first quick review. I'll post the link to the pictures later after I get them uploaded to photobucket.:)

For myself...they both felt great in the hand but the tapered tang fit like a glove and I liked the balance better on it.

I took it up to my Dad's house Friday night where we were having a get together and got everyone's impressions there. (BTW - my dad made my two favorite kitchen knives and my hunting knife...I'll post them in another thread so as not to hijack this one..;) ) Did some food prep/slicing and they both made quick work of the apples I took. Again, everyone liked the feel of the tapered tang in use.

I used them to cut up the mangos I put in my morning protein drink and found that I preferred the tapered tang in feel. Although I didn't get any slippage from either knife handle with fruit juices on my hands, the micarta definitely locked in.

Sunday, we went on a group hike and took them both along. I'll get into more detail on this in a subsequent post as well.

I'll be sending them out tomorrow to the next in line...with GREAT reluctance. Very nice blades Dan!!! Thanks for the opportunity to handle them!

Best,
Donna Mc

Great review, Donna - thanks for passing them around at the dinner and the hike.

Looking forward to the pics.

Dan

Here is a link to the pics on Photobucket:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/donnaalto/Koster passaround/?albumview=slideshow

As you will see on the hiking trip, we had a lot of cutlery to compare. I believe everyone liked the tapered tang best when they first picked them up. An interesting comment that Danny made (the guy in orange shirt) was that when he first picked up the two passarounds, he liked the tapered tang until he started whittling with them, and then he preferred the full tang because, "when you put it to the wood, IT CUTS!". Danny is realitively new to our hiking / knife training group and has limited experience with knives. His impression was very unprejudiced and unaffected.

For myself, I still preferred the tapered tang when whittling or making fuzz sticks, but I preferred the full tang when "chopping".

Sorry I don't have more pics but my battery went dead out on the trail and unfortunately there's no place to recharge...:grumpy:

Thanks again Dan for the opportunity to test and handle these excellent knives!!!

Peace,
Donna Mc

very interesting comment from Danny.

Thanks for the pics and review!

:thumbup:

Did they arrive at the new place yet?

Dan

email/PM/etc sent to IH8U...(next in line after Gerberblades)

:thumbup:

Gerberblades confirmed that they will be heading my way today - ye haw!

Back