Pawn shopping for Bucks and came across this

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
I almost passed on this due to no markings of the maker but did some quick research and a trip back to the pawn shop. I'm glad I did, having it evaluated at Ruana but this appears to be a very old 1937 to 42 unmarked Ruana in great shape. I know this is not a Buck knife but I was looking for them and found this. Ironwood is an option you see now and again. The knife was coated with a waxy substance but kept the corrosion away. I enjoy both brands immensely and have gotten to know the people at Ruana the last two years.

I really like the look of that knife. Great find. Wish I could take it deer hunting this year.

I don't know how two got going.

What a special knife, even if not Buck made, they all would appreciated it...I'm looking forward to 'the rest of story'. Preston

I knew I should have bought that one lol... I do believe I saw it at the pawn shop one my pawn shop rounds.

This one was on the south end of Missoula heading to Lolo MT

lol

Thanks Jeff. I headed over there and look at what followed me home. Similar shape to the first one and a boot dagger. If you wanted one please let me know. Middle knife was the first.

Sweet. Glad I could help spend your money! I don't collect other brands, but have been known to buy Bucks at Pawns shops and flip them.

Jeff

They made me a fair deal for both. Thanks for the heads up.

What cool finds. I corresponded with Rudy when I was a kid a few times. Never did save up the $35 to buy one.

Back