1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Photobucket and Others Restricting Service

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Boxer .45, Jun 24, 2017.

1. lieferung

lieferung Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2016
    There are much better sites to use than photobucket

2. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    The only issue I have with uploading is I do 99.9% of my BF on iPhone and can't make them smaller easily.

3. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    Update: Per my earlier post, my workaround for Google Photos on a different website requires HTML code, which is not allowed here. I will keep trying, but I would suggest a different photo hosting site. Either way, the workaround I'm using is a little complicated and requires repeating for each and every picture (annoying enough on a desktop computer, I can't imagine doing it every time with a phone or tablet). Therefore, I would suggest finding another photo hosting site other than Google Photos for posting to forums.

I will update if I find any Google Photos workaround solutions that might be applicable.
    Weird....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    FWIW, I can still see your pic, Scott,

The Google links I updated to last night seem to be working still (at least for me), I'll put one here as a test.

[​IMG]

~Chip

5. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    "Well, thank goodness my photos are safe! Can I offer you my firstborn and throw in my beloved spaniel?"

I can't tell you how hard you had me laughing here!!

taldesta likes this.
  6. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    I use Flickr and have no issues. I dumped Photobucket a couple of years ago.

7. Arathol

Arathol

Jan 1, 2003
    Yes but that is not really the point. For years many people and many forums have relied on PB to host a lot of stuff. Thousands of images in tutorials, posts documenting all kinds of things, knives, firearms collections, automobiles, road trips, vacations. So much has been lost due to corporate greed. I bet half the forums in existence lost a majority of the images archived on them over the years.

FOG2 likes this.
  8. Polynikes01

Polynikes01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Thanks brother :thumbsup:

9. lieferung

May 24, 2016
    You have a point, but there's really no reason for lamentation. The signs of this started showing years ago. The internet era is all about adaptation, there are plenty of sites that gladly filled the free photo hosting void and continue to this day. Clinging to photobucket is like clinging to VHS when DVDs came out. It's more the users fault for not adapting to change.

10. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i just got the kick in the pants from PB, i have over 5000 pics hosted there

Boxer .45 likes this.
  11. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Well it pisses me off. I have unreplaceable photos there.

12. Arathol

Arathol

Jan 1, 2003
    They are still all there and accessible. Download all of them to your hard drive while you still can.

Rupestris and lieferung like this.
  13. Arathol

Arathol

Jan 1, 2003
    Yeah but many of the posted images that were lost had been there for a long time. This is not something that happened yesterday. All those images were hosted before there were all those other sites.

14. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Not only that, they gave no warning. Up until yesterday, I had no idea they were going to pull this. Sure, they showed too many ads when I logged in, but that doesn't make it my fault that my posted pics are gone with no warning.

15. lieferung

May 24, 2016
    Wait so are all your photos on your account gone, or you just can't share them anymore but they're still on your account? Because one if way worse than the other.

16. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    You can still log in and see them and download them. You just can't post embedded images of them in forums any more using the [ IMG ] tags.

17. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    All my posted pics are gone from the forum.

18. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    Lone_Wolfe is not happy right now. #WolfePist

19. Arathol

Arathol

Jan 1, 2003
    Actually the pictures are gone from PB too. I tried to look at some of the pictures on my account. I can see the thumbnail pics but the full size pics are no longer accessible unless I shell out $400 for a membership. Good thing I don't rely on it to store pictures. I use it for posting only and keep my pictures on a hard drive for accessibility.
    You know what the worst part is? You can't even make a complaint. They have disabled the customer support link...what a bunch of pukes.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  20. Jammer Six

Jammer Six

Jan 26, 2015
    What did you think they were doing? Storing your pictures? Donating their harddrive space? Creating world peace through photographs?

They're a business. They're supposed to make money. It's what they do.