Picture hosting limits?

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
With the coming demise of Photobucket, I'm aprehensive about switching to another image hosting site. I've got my pictures stored on my computer, and haven't run into any trouble uploading them directly. But...
I want to know if there is a total limit to the amount of data I'm allowed to upload? How many pictures will Bladeforums support? If there is a limit, I have not found where I would be able to erase some pictures in order to make room for others.
I'm talking about pictures directly uploaded into posts, not media libraries.
Thanks for any answers and insight into this issue.

Same question, I've searched unsuccessfully for information on hosting directly on BF.
(Links to 1,655 images posted on BF over 7 years now kaput.)

Click paid subscriptions on the top and you can read the details of each membership. There's no exact number of pictures because they can vary in size. Don't forget you can also delete pictures from here when you're done with them.

Click paid subscriptions on the top and you can read the details of each membership. There's no exact number of pictures because they can vary in size. Don't forget you can also delete pictures from here when you're done with them.
When you say delete pictures when I'm done with them, does that mean going to a thread and editing my post? I can't find any place on this site that catalogs my uploaded pictures.

One thing I learned earlier this year is the the FILE SIZE limit for the NEW bladeforums is up to 2000kb (2mb) from 200KB or less in the previous VBulletin software. This is good.

However the member's upper limit may adjust to storage in file capacity in lieu of quantity. (My own Fototime-hosted images ALWAYS are sized around 400kb or less. You don't necessarily need more.) Be aware of filling up BF's 'SD Card' too quickly.

Only Spark can answer this?

When you say delete pictures when I'm done with them, does that mean going to a thread and editing my post? I can't find any place on this site that catalogs my uploaded pictures.

That's a good question. I can't seem to find it either.

Bump...

I guess I'll continue to upload pictures directly, and if at some point I reach a limit I'll deal with it then. :confused:

I've been subscribed to your thread, Rachel and I was hoping someone would come up with an answer as I have the same concern.

Seems like there should be a way to delete photos and clear up some space when necessary. I hope we find a resolution eventually.

Screenshot 2017-07-14 at 10.18.34 AM.png Screenshot 2017-07-14 at 10.18.34 AM.png Screenshot 2017-07-14 at 10.18.58 AM.png Screenshot 2017-07-14 at 10.20.19 AM.png Screenshot 2017-07-14 at 10.20.24 AM.png Hope this helps folks, it worked for me but I don't keep a lot of my pics on Kevin's server I use Imgur for most of my photos. It's really a good hosting site and in the 4 years I've been there and a couple of thousand pics, I haven't had any problems. Spread the news, you can delete from your pics, as for how much disc space we each have available? I still don't know.

Thanks Ted! That looks like the ticket right there. Unfortunately, I don't have a "Your Media" tab when I get on that page but I know I've got photos out there.

I'll keep playing around with it. Many thanks!

I think Rachel is already aware of the limits. What she was asking about is a way to delete media to ensure that we don't exceed those limits.

I think Ted has the answer above. Sure looks like it but I can't figure out why I don't have a "Your Media" tab.

I think Rachel is already aware of the limits. What she was asking about is a way to delete media to ensure that we don't exceed those limits.

I think Ted has the answer above. Sure looks like it but I can't figure out why I don't have a "Your Media" tab.

Didn't see someone had answered the storage limits question...
In the posting area click the "Camera" icon and that will give you the "Your Media" tab. Click it again to toggle it off.

I may be confused. I see where one can upload pictures to a media album. I haven't tried that yet. What I'm asking about is when I post a reply in a thread, there's an option to upload a picture file. Like this: 20170712_064126.jpg
Now, where is this picture stored? I don't see any content when I look for 'my media'.

I'm the one that's confused and I'm probably not helping matters but we are on the same page. I tried clicking on the camera icon like evltcat suggested and I have no media there.

I understand now that it's because I've only posted pictures using the "Upload a File" tab like you mentioned. I've never uploaded anything to a media album either.

Our photos are stored somewhere. Hope we can figure this out somehow.

Click the camera icon on the task bar for the post and all your media will show up on the bottom so you can pick from it and upload one of your media picsScreenshot 2017-07-14 at 2.03.02 PM.png

Nope.20170714_131757.png
I mean, I could do it that way, but I'm trying to understand where the picture I just posted earlier is, and what the data limits are regarding posting this way. It's very easy: just drag and drop into post.

Where are you dragging the pic from, your own drive? All the pics in my media were saved there by me as a separate function and set up in folders, there is a site media gallery which is the main you pull up of all the pics all the members upload. It may be there the trouble is finding it am I correct?

Tray uploading another pic as a test and then quickly go back and look at the site's media and see if your pic is there. If it is the best way to find it is either with tags or a title to help you search it out. It's all about knowin' where it went so you know where to look for it later.

We'll figure it r8shell. :)

Where are you dragging the pic from, your own drive? All the pics in my media were saved there by me as a separate function and set up in folders, there is a site media gallery which is the main you pull up of all the pics all the members upload. It may be there the trouble is finding it am I correct?

Tray uploading another pic as a test and then quickly go back and look at the site's media and see if your pic is there. If it is the best way to find it is either with tags or a title to help you search it out. It's all about knowin' where it went so you know where to look for it later.

We'll figure it r8shell. :)
I appreciate your help with this puzzle, T.E.
I dragged the first knife pic from my desktop computer, by dragging the file into the reply window, and hitting the upload full image button. The screenshot I uploaded from my phone's image files.

I just looked in media/media for user:r8shell, and I don't see anything there:
http://www.bladeforums.com/media/users/r8shell.263115/
http://www.bladeforums.com/media/users/r8shell.263115/

Your Statistics
Your Albums:
Your Media:
Your Usage:
0 bytes

Back