Picture of the Vox/Anso Spyderco Collaboration.

I have not seen this mentioned on bladeforums yet. The picture is from the Spyderco forum that I got off another forum. So credit goes to whoever shot it. The only information I have gathered, is that it is designed to be legal in Denmark. Thus it is a two handed opening slipjoint. The two " bunny ears " have been removed from the design as well. I think it looks pretty cool, and unique. Oh and its name is the Pingo.

SpydieDKII.jpg

Last edited:
That horn where your pinky finger would go looks like a no go for those of us with big paws. :(

That horn where your pinky finger would go looks like a no go for those of us with big paws. :(

I have to agree. I have XL hands, and I am afraid I would feel like my finger are squished in. Much less I can't even fit them in there.

No spyder hole = Blasphemy.

The hole was one of the obstacles that had to be overcome to comply with dutch laws. The hole couldn't be big enough to actually use in order to open the blade in a one-handed fashion.

I believe that the knife can't be open one handed, in order to comply with the laws. I remember denmark for some reason. Either way, some country that starts with a D. One thing that I can't figure out is does the hole go all the way through? To me, it almost looks as if it's not a hole, but more of a depression in the blade.

i liked the bunny ears .
no lanyard hole = blasphemy
blue liner material ??

Found some info. It will be produced in Italy and will use n690co for the steel. I believe the blade is going to be 3mm thick. I'm really liking this knife so far

I think it looks really interesting! Blue liners? Cool:)
Gotta see about the hump at the end of the handle, can' t tell if it gets in the way or not yet:)

No spyder hole = Blasphemy.

C27 Jess Horn. Look it up.

I believe that the knife can't be open one handed, in order to comply with the laws. I remember denmark for some reason. Either way, some country that starts with a D. One thing that I can't figure out is does the hole go all the way through? To me, it almost looks as if it's not a hole, but more of a depression in the blade.

Yep, Denmark. The hole on the DKPK did go all the way through the blade, but just barely. It was dished from both sides so there was no place to get enough purchase to open the blade with just your thumb.

I think this one looks like a sawed off Rocklobster. It makes me glad I'm American.

There's a hole, but it is really small.

Not good enough! If their main design element and whole philosophy of the modern knife cannot be made for a certain country without compromise, then I say sorry to said country. But then again if I was in Denmark, and loved Spyderco as much as I do I suppose I would be begging for a legal Spyderco.

Not good enough! If their main design element and whole philosophy of the modern knife cannot be made for a certain country without compromise, then I say sorry to said country. But then again if I was in Denmark, and loved Spyderco as much as I do I suppose I would be begging for a legal Spyderco.

That's exactly where this project came from. People in Denmark who love Spyderco quality and innovation, begging Sal to make something legal for their country. Since Sal listens to what his customers want and does his best to provide that, we get to see knives made for specialty markets.

We've since eliminated the "Smellup" or two humps on the blade spine, referred to as the "bunny ears" on the BB forum. Customer reaction on the forums was pretty much against them so we ground them off. Vox and Anso put them on as a remnant of an old tradition, but after hearing comments, they agreed that it might be prudent to remove them.

sal

I am curious about the dimensions of this model. Any chance it could come out as a linerlock or lockback for the U.S.?

I love it,I like that frn pattern on the handles, one of my favorites,wish they would use it more

I like it! It would make a great little carry for those areas and times when discretion is called for.

Back