1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Pictures of knifekits 3D Micarta (black/red and black/blue)?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by MRpink, Feb 4, 2009.

1. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    I have 2 knives that are ready to be drilled, HT, and have scales put on. Two more I need to profile and grind. It's time I started shopping for some micarta.

I like plain canvas and linen micarta, but the other day I was on knifekits site and saw their black/red linen micarta and black/blue linen micarta.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found a Krein knife with a black/red micarta and thought it looked pretty nice and subtle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's something I may want to try out, but I'd like to see some more pictures of it if possible. Thanks!

2. indy

indy

May 4, 2008
    I don't use their stuff, but here's some of mine.
    Not quite finished with this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    woodland camo
    [​IMG]

I just finished a set of winter camo's last night. Test pieces look AWESOME!

Off the top of my head, sitting on the shelf right now I've got red/black, green/black, white/black, tan/black, blue/black, purple/black etc. bunch others including solids. I've also got about $500 in exotic woods ready to go, but I've been on a micarta knife kick for a while now :) It's just fun to work with. Messy, but I love the results.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  3. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    One of these days, I'll experiment with my own linen, but I just don't have the time right now. I'd like to go with the red/black or blue black micarta, but I just don't want it to loud.

I may just have to try it and see what happens.

4. logem

logem

Nov 23, 2003
    I am very pleased with the blue/black G10 that I purchased from Sheffield Supply last year.

[​IMG]

Personally, I like it better than the looks of that linen micarta.

Mike L.

5. 724wd

724wd

Dec 29, 2006
    my neighbor has some blue/black G-10 and cut a set of .45 grips i saw tonight, and the blue/black combo on a stainless kimber was outstanding! i need to get some for a knife! his came from Jantz

6. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    Thanks guys. I've seen some blue/black g-10 out there, but never linen micarta. I think I'm going to just experiment and pick up both the blue and red set for $13 a piece.

7. Munky88

Munky88

Jun 1, 2008
    It looks like Knife Kits's g10 is layered unevenly to me. Not that thats a bad thing, but it will look a little funkier than logem's knife If im right, although it may just be sanded weirdly. personally I'd like it more if it was a little less uniform.
    But yeah, its cool stuff. I've used blue/black, and Turquoise/Grey/Black micarta that i really liked, but that red is nice.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009