1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by KuRUpTD, Mar 14, 2012.

1. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    We are all gear whores here ... what have you picked up recently ?

Etowah 10 x 10 tarp
    KFU knife (sweet)
    Goatskin gloves

[​IMG]

2. dialton

dialton

Jan 1, 2007
    Sold a little, bought a little.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. kgd

kgd

Feb 28, 2007
    Nadda since christmas....

4. crossada

crossada

May 16, 2004
    I sold some goodies this past week and ordered a Kifaru Zulu if that counts:p

5. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    exped cover for the downmat 9...comes in a tactical pink case :D

[​IMG]

exped stakes and flexxx's cb kifaru pullout:

[​IMG]

sweetness!

6. OwenM

OwenM

Oct 26, 2000
    Got a pair of Smartwool glove liners at half price($10). Started to buy them with a pair of gloves I got a few months ago, but had no idea what I would do with them.
    I still have no idea what I'm going to do with them...

Oh, and some 9/16" webbing to use for a handline or make a Swiss seat with. That I'll actually use.

7. Barrabas

Barrabas

Feb 8, 2005
    Kuruptd, Tell me more about the Etowa tarp..is it sturdy?..I need a tarp, but want the toughest one I can get for the $. I want to use it a lot.. Thanks

8. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but I like what I see so far.

Here are the specs:

Made with 1.9oz. nylon taffeta or rip stop, coated with 1/2 oz. of urethane, with 3/4 in. webbing tabs evenly spaced along the edges. 10' x 10' tarps come with three tabs place evenly along the center seam (10' x 10', 16tabs, Weight:32 oz)

9. kgd

kgd

Feb 28, 2007
    K- you are a bastard and now I had to go and buy sum'ing....So last night I ordered an Exped Synthmat UL -7 as a compliment to my downmat 7 (lighter and smaller) and a North face extra large duffle to act as a spare canoe bag. I'll do a review of the expeds side-by-each when this new one comes in....The duffle looks groovy!

some 3rd party youtube reviews:

[youtube]IbcmUQVCoY4[/youtube]

[youtube]h6dTS1QpvvQ[/youtube]

10. Giorgos

Giorgos

Apr 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

This Ridgeline smock. Amazing garment. It doesn't make any noise, fully waterproof and windproof. And it does provide some warmth too. For top shell, i find it fantastic.

11. kmj153

kmj153

Mar 9, 2010
    JK Camp and Trail
    [​IMG]

12. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Thanks to my tax return & some overtime I was able to score some great gear recently.
    A cool orange bandana from Target,(love orange)Ti Emberlit,3 zippered cases,(the larger of which holds the Emberlit)a couple of Wohlwend tin knives,Bushpik from KFU,Hudson Bay tin(brass actually)1 ltr.Platypus & A Hudson Bay XL from JK knives.
    I hope to get to beat on the JKHBXL & KFU Bushpik next weekend & will be doing a review here when I can.
    I don't think the Emberlit needs anymore reviewing,but hope to light it up next weekend also.

[​IMG]

13. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Does it count if it's not come in the mail yet??

Mine is second from the left- 5/32 O1 steel, handle is OD over nat can micarta w an orange stripe. I can't wait!

View attachment 265729

14. DrivebyTrucker

DrivebyTrucker

Nov 8, 2005
    So far I've carried it for two days. It's heavy though. (The SAK not the cards) ;)

[​IMG][/IMG]

15. dialton

dialton

Jan 1, 2007
    WOW, that thing needs to come with an instruction video!

16. nickortizzle1035

nickortizzle1035

Dec 30, 2009
    im pretty sure that thing has a DVD player on it... those things always make me giggle just thinking about the insane amount of tools they have!

17. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    J. Oeser Uinta Bushcraft

[​IMG]

18. blt-2-drg

blt-2-drg

Feb 6, 2012
    SYKCO 511 i picked up in the exchange section.
    [​IMG]

Honda EX650 (Goodwill $40)
    [​IMG]

Various Jackets for me and my wife (Goodwill $4-$15 each)
    [​IMG]

19. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    osprey kestrel 38, bahco laplander, and a new lens for the d90...funny thing is i'm at home and have the other nikon nearby but i still used my cell phone to take this pic :p

[​IMG]

20. Myker

Myker Banned

Feb 5, 2011
    Kelty coyote 80. Beast.