Post your examples of "Reputation Point Abuse"

geothorn said:
Why do you say that? Just because I haven't responded to you, as yet, that somehow means that I'm ignoring you? You're wrong. It's just like the logic that the USA PATRIOT ACT *must* protect America against terrorists because there haven't been any further terrorist attacks since 9/11/01. There may be other reasons (like thousands) that no other terrorists have attacked in America, but that the USA PATRIOT ACT is the only reason is terribly illogical.

The most incessant babbling seems to come from those protecting and defending the cowards. :) My opposition in this thread is hurling insults, obfuscating my argument, and threatening me with being placed on the Pirate's Cove PT List. No good, direct arguments as to why cowards shouldn't be required to stand up for the BS that they say, from anonymity.

Do you like how cowards do things? I would have generally thought that BladeForums members hate cowardice, and those that indulge in it and defend it. How wrong that thought was, on my part.

I really don't have any need to call Spark, CODE3. Spark is one of the ever-so-generous red mark givers, and, at least he signed his name to it. I think that Spark's red mark against me, in this thread, is enough information for me to detect Spark's position.

Also, if you have read this thread, I'd prefer the yelling and shouting and insulting to be out in the open, rather than in private, so that those involved will be seen for the cheap shots that they take. Thanks for your voluntary co-operation in revealing your true self. ;)

You like insulting people, don't you? I'm sorry that you like reacting in name-calling and insults rather than having discussions and arguments in which the participants respect each other. I don't know you and, as far as I know, we haven't been in any threads together, so, where the strength in your opinion of me, from the narrow scope of this thread, comes from, I know not.

At least I am not one to stoop to name calling, in the midst of a losing argument. You and I differ there, too.

I'm not wasting your time. You're the one choosing to read this thread and reply to it. :)

You could just write a thread showing your great admiration for cowardice and stop wasting your own time.

GeoThorn

To quote moi. . . . .

GigOne said:
*geothorn* "blah blah blah trivial BS yak yak yak more trivial BS blah blah blah

I rest my case. :rolleyes: ;)

LaBella said:
chiclets, anyone?

send me some!:cool:
Post something deserving of them instead of whoring yourself out. :rolleyes: :p

Well, Geothorn, since you say that Spark gave you a red chicklet, and signed it, that pretty well defines his position. So, why are you continuing this diatribe?

For the record, I don't defend cowards. The rep system was set up by the Vb folks to be exactly as it is; annonymous, unless you purchase the Platinum membership. This was put in place by Spark himself, not the mods. He could, if he felt like it, open up the rep system so everyone, not just paying members, could see who left rep. Since he made that feature available for paid Platinum members, you have the option of purchasing the membership, and getting the priveledge. Since you have chosen not to pony up, you get nothing.

Like I have said before, you are wasting your time, and everyone elses. It will not change, no matter how much you complain.

As for me calling you a redundant windbag, that is exactly what you are. Full of hot air, and redundancy. You don't seem to understand that you are beating a dead horse on this issue, and the further you press it, the deeper your hole becomes.

I also do not endorse cowardice in any way, shape or form. However, I do defend the way the rep system is handled here because that is the way my boss wants it, and my job is to enforce and support his policies. if I disagree with his policies, I follow the chain of command, which includes speaking directly with him, not posting where a pissing match may ensue. (Kind of like this thread!)

Like I have said twice before.(Now I'm sounding like a redundant windbag. :rolleyes: ) You have three options here; Upgrade to the Platinum membership, and eliminate the anonnymous rep points, call Spark on the phone and personally speak to him, or leave Bladeforums. Nothing else is an option, including your complaining, because it will not do any good.

I hope you eventually figure out that there isn't anything left on the dead horse for you to beat.

I would encourage everyone to have a paid membership

heck it aint that much

the entertainment factor is well worth it :eek: :D

Mike, he does have another option. He can stop worrying about the rep system and just enjoy Bladeforums for the great resource that it is.

geothornisanass.jpg

:)

As a brand new member of this forum I have a few things to state if it makes any sense in this thread:

1. I never knew what "chiclets" were so I searched the forum and found this thread. I just spent the last 30 minutes reading about how good/bad the rep system was.

2. With fear of the "great red chiclet wielding spirits above" (sarcasm) I am going to have to say that I agree with the system and now that I know all about it I will have to say that I will (as said before) be more careful when dealing with "red chiclet people". That just sounds crazy already.... :)

3. I enjoyed every minute of the last 30 reading this thread. What a way to wind down from a hard day!

4. I am thoroughly enjoying every bit of this forum and hope that this thread comes to a end soon before my knives all rust from disuse.

the rep point sytem doesn mean anything if you dont want it too.

dont use it/ dont look at the glorious chiclets

it can come down to a popularity contest.

only the pretty members will have the green chiclets!

geothron, i suggest that you relax..this is only the internet!

:) thanks for the kind words, KV Collucci!

Rep points are kinda like the points on Whose Line is it Anyway, they only have as much value as you place on them.

geothorn said:
No good, direct arguments as to why cowards shouldn't be required to stand up for the BS that they say, from anonymity

Because they can. :p

LaBella said:
chiclets, anyone?

send me some!:cool:

Bad taste. People wonder why people who earn their points are pissed about them but then you have point whores like this. And there are a lot of them. Not cool. And I do like Ron's posts with actual content.

Rep points are like cash, people with it don't think it matters and people without it don't think anything else matters.

And for the record I don't necessarily agree with the rep system and I also like Cliff Stamp. :eek:

oil

OilMan said:
And for the record.......I also like Cliff Stamp. :eek:
Don't worry. We won't hold that against you. ;) :p :D

GigOne said:
Yes we will. :p ;) :D

I agree.

It's a well known fact that some "people" will ding you for just agreeing with Cliff even though they have nothing against you personally. That is abuse in my book.:grumpy: Personally I think it shows how scared they are of opinions that aren't theirs. :barf: Ah well. (Gig and KV aren't on that list btw :) )

I guess I don't understand, Geothorn. When a BF member looks at your post, he sees green. If he puts his cursor over the green, it says Geothorn will become famous soon enough 50+. How do these anonymous red marks hurt you in anyway given that your reputation appears solid, at least via your posts/profile? Haven't you hurt your own reputation more on this thread by the way you complain?

Tai Chi

Ok, here's an example of rep point abuse:

When some say abuse they could actually be meaning torture :footinmou
I personally hope the guilty are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

attachment.php
Nordic Viking said:
Ok, here's an example of rep point abuse:

When some say abuse they could actually be meaning torture :footinmou
I personally hope the guilty are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

LOL! good one!

Back