1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Post your Promethean Knife.

Discussion in 'Promethean Knives by Salem Straub' started by Salem Straub, May 16, 2012.

1. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Please stop in and post a knife I've made that you own! Thanks for your continued support, I want to see how those Promethean blades are holding up in use and where they have found themselves in the line of duty.

2. Okanogan

Okanogan

Jul 5, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Salem I used your picture but you did a better job on the photo then me! Still holding that edge you put on it and I bought a pouch for it but waiting for it to arrive. You did a great job on it THANKS!!! Mark

3. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Hey Mark, welcome to Bladeforums! Thanks for posting that. Good to hear it's being a good knife for you.
    By the way I love your username. Okanogan pride all the way.

4. Idlewild

Idlewild KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 11, 2004
    Salem, it's a pleasure to post these two...absolutely outstanding work!!

1. Quillion dagger, 52100, Koa, 8" Hollow Grind,11" Point to bolster, 16.5OA, Take-down construction.

Quillion2_8632_sized.jpg

2. The Ferrous of Them All, Take-down construction: 11" blade, 1.25 wide, 16 5/8 OA, 324 twist laminate, double 4" hollow grinds, guard forged from wrought iron and etched. The grip is a forged and welded spiral basket. 14.5 oz.

ferrous3_8880_sized_.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  5. swaybacksteve

swaybacksteve Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2015
    I am so glad that Salem is taking orders again..so I got him to make this Santoka in W2 with a very nice hamon.
    Thin cuts of left over roast beef into some fried rice...

[​IMG]

6. Salem Straub

Oct 20, 2008
    Awesome.

7. Monkiz

Monkiz Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Hi Salem,

The scabbard is done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Salem Straub

Oct 20, 2008
    WOW!! How cool is that! I like the design, matches the knife very well! Thanks for posting that!

9. S.Alexander

S.Alexander KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 7, 2013
    That's very nice work. Gives me some motivation to make a sheath for my own Promethean blade.

10. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    looking forward to posting mine up when she's ready!