Post your regs!

Nice LDC's, my third large was LDC9-20 and it really kicked off my CRK collecting.

When you acquired number 20 did it come with a box and paperwork? Do you have any more information on the LDC series? Like what year were they produced? Any insight would be appreciated.

Nice LDC's, my third large was LDC9-20 and it really kicked off my CRK collecting.

The LDC series was an exclusive run for Robertson Custom Cutlery, part of a series of exclusive knives done for them. The LDC-109 was part of the second series and was based on the small Sebenza. They were made right after the redesign of the knife into what we call the "regular", I'll look for the boxes tommorow and give you the dates. There were only 50 of each so you have a solid 6% of the larges, great scores by any measure.

I understand that Les Robertson had some of the knives coated in some kind of black substance (as well as some of the original Sebenzas). Those are ultra rare and no longer under warranty as he did it without consulting Chris.

My EDC, and my only reg.

IMG_0245.jpg

Here's a couple of my regulars that I'm excited about. It's hard coming up with info on these but I believe these were made in the late 90's with Chris Reeve doing the grinding on the blades. Blades are BG-42 and they have a swedge. They have become my latest Obsession.

P1170564.jpg

P1170563.jpg

Those are fantastic. I always enjoy pics of your collection. Thanks for sharing!

The LDC series was an exclusive run for Robertson Custom Cutlery, part of a series of exclusive knives done for them. The LDC-109 was part of the second series and was based on the small Sebenza. They were made right after the redesign of the knife into what we call the "regular", I'll look for the boxes tommorow and give you the dates. There were only 50 of each so you have a solid 6% of the larges, great scores by any measure.

I understand that Les Robertson had some of the knives coated in some kind of black substance (as well as some of the original Sebenzas). Those are ultra rare and no longer under warranty as he did it without consulting Chris.

Great info. Always glad to learn something new.

My EDC, and my only reg.

IMG_0245.jpg

Awesome:thumbup:

By the way folks...somebody here has another Large Regular in route...:D:thumbup:

By the way folks...somebody here has another Large Regular in route...:D:thumbup:

Soon, I'll be able to say the same thing!

The large regular is pretty amazing. It has the smoothest action out of any folder I have ever handled. The simplicity, plane jane looks, the feel and weight in my hand, the solid lock up and zero blade play all add up to make one amazing knife.

....Lets see some more regular pics!!!

Okay, the whole kit-n-kaboodle of regulars:

attachment.php

Here's the damascus on my Regs:
attachment.php

Attachments

• regulars.jpg
    regulars.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 910
  • dama regs.jpg
    dama regs.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:
This thread is indeed for all Regulars!

Just got this a few minutes ago...didn't think I'd be following Lisa though...wow!:eek:

Here she is, a decorated Regular. Excuse me while I take back my I'm not into UG's statement ..I have big feet so it might take a minute to get one out of my mouth:p

photobucket-2018-1342804861978.jpg

photobucket-1800-1342804679207.jpg

:thumbup:

Gone....but not forgotten :( a tribute to a long lost friend. I had this knife close to a year, bought in 2009 (was sitting in the display for 3 years at our only retailer) been on many adventures and then it was taken. SOLUTE!

PC050045.jpg

P1070327.jpg

P1160348.jpg

P1160336.jpg

P1160334.jpg

P1070332.jpg

DSCF1943.jpg

DSCF1944.jpg

DSCF1947.jpg

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

DSCF2053.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

P3060021.jpg

P3110005.jpg

P3110003.jpg

P3110002.jpg

PB250022.jpg

PB250024.jpg

PB250010.jpg

P4090002.jpg

P4070060.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

P6020014.jpg

P6020017-1.jpg

P6020015-1.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

P2140001.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

and here in my right pocket clipped while doing community project

DSCF0041.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Lisa. Your collection is amazing. You should be extremely proud of it!

marthinus, wow man, I enjoyed the hell out of that montage! I'm sorry to hear it was taken:(

What happened?

Thanks for the kind words Lisa. Your collection is amazing. You should be extremely proud of it!

marthinus, wow man, I enjoyed the hell out of that montage! I'm sorry to hear it was taken:(

What happened?

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

You can read about it here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ood-day-but-ended-shit?highlight=was+good+day

Wow, just realised how long ago that happened! However, be warned, the thread went a bit sideways......but it was in whine and cheese.... :)

Wanted to ad, really enjoying seeing these regulars! Great thread!

Last edited:
James, your post (especially the BD cards) is speaking volumes to my understanding of this series and for that, I Thank You Very Much. What an exquisite pair you have there (Very Jealous) , Thanks Again for Sharing

A little LDC love

ldc04.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

You can read about it here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ood-day-but-ended-shit?highlight=was+good+day

Wow, just realised how long ago that happened! However, be warned, the thread went a bit sideways......but it was in whine and cheese.... :)

Wanted to ad, really enjoying seeing these regulars! Great thread!

I'm glad you came away from that experience unharmed and hope you have had many wonderful things happen since the incident :thumbup:

A little LDC love

ldc04.jpg

Very cool!

The new edc!

7612105270_7de54435d0_z.jpg

7612104810_908659724a_z.jpg

Is that your second plain jane? Good choice! Your pics are awesome too:thumbup:

I'll play

standard.jpg

I thank you for playing! Very nice and your lucky to have back ups!

I have a bit of a question on Regulars. My 2005 has grooves(lines)along the edge of the scales whereas my 2007 does not. The scales on the 2007 seem thicker too. Design change in the two year period or just different because it's a UG?

Back