Question about TT Killa Zilla.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by wittlescwappy, Jun 17, 2017.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    Yup, if no one else gets it I'll snap a pic with a straight edge when I get home :)

I think the only way to get rid of them would be to go with a full height flat grind, even then you may start losing blade width (edge to spine) by the time they're gone.

~Chip

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Yes CBT is milling into the blade, the blade is not milled away from the ridges so to speak. They do not sit above what would be the normal profile of the blade. There is a science to them in use as well but others will need to expound on that.

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    .... yes and think you are going to be getting a much thinner blade to remove the groves and make it a flat grind.

4. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2013
    1. Yes I think Josh could --- you don't necessarily need to lose much blade width. You may end up with a slightly hollow ground Huck/Huck Fin. That certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. Might be perfect as a primary fighting/secondary utility tool.

2. Technically it would void the warranty, assuming major MOD work would be done. The short answer is yes, but I'm confident that if you submit detailed proof of whatever potentially could cause serious damage to your blade -- if Jerry sees that the damage was not necessarily due to the Mod work -- he might take care of you.

3. I personally would suggest getting something more affordable on the exchange and then spending the extra cash to get it EXACTLY the way you want it to be.

wittlescwappy likes this.
  5. wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Apr 21, 2016
    I think I have all the advice I need to make a decision. Thanks all.

6. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    My Custom Shop TTKZ is a monster chopper. Lovely convex zero edge on it by Garth. I've pounded this thing through some really tough wood and it's awesome.

[​IMG]

7. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

8. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I have a Combat Grade FBM, which had the CBT, that was reground by Ban Tang to thin the entire blade and remove the CBT. He called it the Fusion Anorexic Battle Mistress. So it can be done, which will lighten the blade. I tend to think that on significantly reground blades that you have to own your own warranty, and trust the INFI to hold up. Just don't do really stupid things with it.

9. wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Apr 21, 2016
    are most custom shop TTKZ's zero ground? I ended up ordering a custom Shop variant...hoping it comes with a zero grind like yours. Gosh what a beautiful knife...I can't wait till mine shows up tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  10. RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    Not sure man. I guess you can ask to have it done that way. :)

11. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Just remember, the CGFBM's are the only CBT's that protrude from the rest of the blade, thus they are fairly easy to remove to a flat grind. ;)

12. BFS

BFS Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Might as well post one of my favorite pieces of INFI while we're on the subject. I'm a sucker for convex.

KZII
    IMG_1526.JPG

d762nato and Rob_Mob like this.
  13. wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Apr 21, 2016
    How will I know if It is zero ground or not? IS a zero grind just a grind that goes all the way from the blade edge to the spine?

14. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    No secondary bevel.

15. wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Apr 21, 2016
    What kind of grind is this?

Attached Files:

16. RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    That is a full convex with a V bevel edge. To answer your question above about the zero grind - it means where there is no V edge bevel. The grind goes all the way to the edge. Usually on full convex blades, and mostly on uncoated blades. I'm pretty sure Busse don't do the zero convex edge on coated knives.

You can see the convex zero edge fairly clearly on this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stricknine likes this.
  17. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Rob has this one all wrapped up

18. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005