1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ralph Bone and Bowen Throwing Knives

Discussion in 'Throwing Knives & Knife Throwing' started by Sac3Gunner, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Sac3Gunner

Sac3Gunner

Jun 29, 2015
    Hello,

I have a couple throwing knives that I've had sitting in a box, and only recently became interested in finding out more about them, primarily for the purpose of selling them. Unfortunately I can't find any information out on the net about past sales or auctions.

The first is a Ralph Bone Throwing Knife (N 443) with a total length of 7.5" and a blade length of 3.75"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second is a knife that's just marked as A Bowen Knife, Atlanta USA - total length of 11.75" and a blade length of 5.75"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did some research on Ralph Bone and I'm particularly interested in finding out about them!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  2. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
  3. Sac3Gunner

Sac3Gunner

Jun 29, 2015
    Well that's just fantastic.

4. Sac3Gunner

Sac3Gunner

Jun 29, 2015
    /close_account
    /never_come_back
    /worst_forum_website_experience_ever

5. Bobby Branton

Bobby Branton Moderator Moderator Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 12, 1998
    Got to follow the rules.

6. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    /lol?

7. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    One thing a lot of guys do not know is that a lot of the older makers knew nothing about throwing knives. That Bone knife I bet, is actually a boot knife. All of those that I have seen are boot knives. Just because a knife does not have scales does not nesessarily make it a throwing knife.

8. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Man it should really be in the sign up info "If you're just coming on here to ask what your knife's worth and then ragequit just don't" not reading the rules is a daily thing.

9. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

10. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Boy howdy, Bobby.

These are clearly in belt sheaths, and that STILL doesn't mean they weren't created as boot knives.

Too bad, the OP could have gotten an appropriate membership level, learned a bunch about his knives, and gained the ability to sell them here on BFC.

Following the rules has its benefits. I may have bought those pieces from him, but oh well.

11. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    I think the Bowen was designed as a throwing knife. Lots of makers today make boot knives that are not designed to be carried in a boot. The one pic of the Bone look to have a live edge, but I would be more interested in seeing them up close.

12. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    You know, he could've probably found out everything he needed to know to place a reasonable price on it himself. Oh well, I'm sure he'll find someone willing to take advantage of him on a Facebook site, :rolleyes:

13. Brules1

Brules1

Jul 22, 2007
    Bowen knife company made a lot of belt buckle knives in the 80's.
    I've never seen one of their throwing knives. Bowen is still in business, you may want to email them.

14. oldblu

oldblu

Jan 10, 2017
    I bought that exact Bowen knife brand new back in the day and it was sold as a throwing knife. Broke the tip off right away. Cool looking but not tough. Maybe that's why they stopped selling them.