1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Reference on maker's marks

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Shotgun, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm thinking about getting an old axe head to restore but I'm unsure of what I'm looking at when in antique stores. Is there a website of JUST pictures of maker's marks for quick reference? If not, maybe we can start a sticky thread in which members could dig out their old axes then take a pic of the mark and put the name of manufacturer below it. Is that feasable?

2. cckw

cckw

May 24, 2008

I second the idea of a maker marks thread.

3. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank

Dec 30, 2010
    mmmm.

Makers Mark :drool

[​IMG]

4. rg598

rg598

Oct 18, 2008
    Unfortunately, a lot of information on axes has been lost through history. You can try this site. They have a good amount of pictures of old axe labels and advertisements. If you have a specific mark in ind, I can try to dig something out, although I'm far from an expert on the subject.