1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Relic Friction Folder No.366

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Serge Panchenko, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Serge Panchenko

Serge Panchenko

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey guys, just finished this. Blade is antiqued 1080 steel, handle is copper, brass and damascus steel. Overall length is 5 3/8", blade length is 2 1/4" and closed length is 3 1/2". Screws/pivot are bronze heat colored stainless. Hope you guys like it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RyanW

RyanW Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 17, 2009
    I really like the overall rustic feel and look of the knife. Just wondering what the design on the front is?

3. Jos

Jos

Oct 23, 2006
    Nice! I like your "relics". Something you don't see every day. They have an "outworldish" air about them, like they come from a long lost civilisation.

Kind regards,

Jos

4. Serge Panchenko

Serge Panchenko

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks guys. Ryan, it wasn't anything specific to begin with but now it looks like a restrained human form:)

5. Steve Nuckels

Steve Nuckels

Aug 18, 2009
    Wow, All your knives are so creative and different, yet you have a very recognizable style!

Very interesting.

Steve
    ---------
    Potomac Forge
    W.F. Moran Jr. Museum & Foundation

6. peterinct

peterinct

Dec 13, 1999
    KOOL Serge as your creations typically are.

I like the textures and patina, but for me, the blade is just a bit too square. I think I would like it with a bit of filework or profiling on the top and front.

Peter

7. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Whoa!! Another winner.
    I bet fricky #666 will be a chisel grind.

8. Joe Watson

Joe Watson

Sep 15, 2004
    I'm a huge fan of your style, can't wait to grab one of your knives!

9. xaman

xaman

Nov 27, 2005
    Very nice Serge. Restrained human form, lol, I can see that now.

Great textures and colors on this one.