• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Repost DC/BC(M) Tank Buster - No Choil, Round Pommel, No Swedge, MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunner

Double Cut
Black Canvas (Magnum thickness)
No Choil
No Swedge
Round Pommel
MODDED - NO Ridge on spine

NO TRADES. CASH VIA PAYPAL IS KING.

GONE >>> $300 PayPal, Shipped, Insured, in CONUS. Will consider shipping outside CONUS for additional $

This was my "ONE" knife and it has been seldomly and lightly used. The bevel is original and could use a little bit of attention (It didn't come that sharp). I removed the second ridge (thumb ramp?) on the spine using extreme care not to harm the temper. I did it so slowly it didn't even get warm to the touch. Slow and tedious for sure but preserving the Busse heat treat was of utmost importance (I am super picky about that myself). The ridge removal is a huge improvement IMO. I also hand sanded the TAC pattern down which also improves feel in the hand. The pattern of micarta "strata" is better looking and doesn't pick up punky wood and other organic junk like the standard TAC pattern does. Some customs come with this hand sanded treatment.

My self crafted "Frankenstein" sheath is included which provides good retention and can be carried vertically on a belt OR a pack strap or horizontally ("scout" style). It isn't pretty but it is highly functional. It was the first piece of leather I stitched up. Sorry LOL.

View attachment 278093
View attachment 278094
View attachment 278095
View attachment 278101

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back