1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

REPOSTED ELSEWHERE - Redwood Burl Mini-Chop Recurve

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Erin Burke, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin Burke

Erin Burke KnifeMaker...ish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 19, 2003
    THIS KNIFE HAS BEEN REDUCED IN PRICE AND REPOSTED HERE.

Good morning guys,

I've been holding onto this guy until I could clean up the scratch in the sheath (visible in the first photo). Using the magic of a touch-up coat of Gel Antique, it is now all but invisible.

The plan for this knife was for a dark look that complemented the redwood burl, so I went with a blued guard and a bit of a darker etch on the blade. This redwood has a nice organic flow to it with open pores and grain. Oftentimes I will fill all pores with CA, but in this case chose not to. Because the block was stabilized by K&G, I felt comfortable leaving a more natural look and simply sealing with a multi-coat tung-oil finish.

This knife is light and fast in the hand, having a very comfortable handle and a blade that starts at ~3/16" thick at the guard with a smooth distal taper. The clip is unsharpened.

The price for this one is REPOSTED shipped within the US. Please contact me concerning shipping outside the US. Buyer is responsible for determining the legality of this knife within their state or country of residence. I prefer payment via Paypal. If interested -- or if you just have some questions or comments -- feel free to shoot me a PM or email. My goal is 100% satisfaction; so if for any reason the buyer is not happy with this knife, please ship it back undamaged within 30-days and I'll send a full refund.

Some Stats:
    Length: 13-1/2"
    Blade: 7-11/16" (Tip to Choil)
    Steel: Differentially heat-treated 1095 (from Kelly Cupples) Flat-Ground
    Handle: Stabilized Redwood Burl (from Mark Farley at Burl Source)
    Guard: Blued mild steel (from a plate I found on the side of the road)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Erin

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Another outstanding piece of work my friend.....:cool:

3. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    A beautiful sculpted work of art man!!

4. rprocter

rprocter Banned

Jan 19, 2007
    Erin you bring artistic genius into your strikingly attractive knives. I am an instant fan of your work.
    roland

5. trkJr

trkJr Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Work of art is right! Awesome combo of blade shape, hamon, color of handles and guard.....Wow!

6. pap11y

pap11y

Jul 4, 2012
    A work of art definitely :)

7. Gastonknife

Gastonknife

Dec 15, 2008
    wow, very nice knife flows well, it's different, and just plain awesome....I love recurves

8. marksmandowntown

marksmandowntown

Jan 10, 2012
    Wow, that knife is an elegant work of art and is really something else! I can also vouch for Erin's customer service, which is outstanding. A great buy.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  9. Erin Burke

Erin Burke KnifeMaker...ish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 19, 2003
    Thanks Mike. I appreciate the kind words.

This one is still up for grabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.