1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Reunited With a Buck 110 Folding Hunter

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Blunt Forged Edge, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Blunt Forged Edge

Blunt Forged Edge

May 15, 2012
    Well, it's been about 23 years or so since I've had a Buck 110 Folding Hunter. Too bad I didn't take care of the ones I had back then, in fact I had three (3) of them. I used them to pry, hammer, chop. What was that about! That's not what this knife was intended for. Anyways, this one I bought a couple of weeks back so it's fairly new.

[​IMG]

Don't know about ya'll, just something about this folding knife from Buck.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. A.P.F.

A.P.F. Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2006
    The Buck 110 is arguably the most successful production folder ever made. The handle is very comfortable and the blade does it's job in a multitude of uses. Add in good looks and you have a winner. There is a 110 on my belt 24/7.

3. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    Nice knife.

After almost fifty years, Buck has perfected the 110.

Nothing like experience.

:)

4. 555

555 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2007
    There's something about the Buck 110. An old knife that never grows old.

5. Mitch W.

Mitch W.

Aug 11, 2010
    You wear a belt in the shower?!:eek::D

6. Blunt Forged Edge

Blunt Forged Edge

May 15, 2012
    That's it!

7. A.P.F.

A.P.F. Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Shower?? ;)

8. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    I thought about the question in the General forum re your favorite knife to fondle. I have a few CRs, Kershaw/ZTs, BMs, and even a LionSteel or two. I admitted, not here, but in 'mixed' company, that my favorite was & is the Buck 110. Sure, my Koa/NS/Teardrop Damascus CS one - as are the other CS 110s - is a super knife. But - my first love was the basic 110, my original example a memory since Nixon was President. It's just a hard act to follow. Nostalgia - lots of woods walking/camping time, too.

Stainz

9. elijames21

elijames21

Jun 2, 2012
    I have a 20 yr old 110 that is still used everyday

10. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    Of all the 110 knives i've ever owned,my favorite is actually one that i won onn this very website,it was customized and hand built by jarheadz28,my favorite by far.

11. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    All that said.......gotta love the Three-Dot.

In that model, the 110 reached the peak of its tank period. It's the tankiest.

Streamlining came almost immediately thereafter.

:)