1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Review of Cima 1058 9Cr18MoV Fixed Blade with Wood Chopping

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by mhanlen, Oct 13, 2015.

1. mhanlen

mhanlen

Aug 21, 2015
    So I do some gear reviews of flashlights and knives for my Youtube channel. This one is a sub $25 fixed blade from a new knife maker named Cima. A retailer sent it to me for review and I decided to test it out. This is not a table top style review, and I try and mix in some humor with the sweet knife action. I use nice High Def cameras with a lot of different lenses. I don't know if this sort of video is what most look for in a knife review, but I have fun making them. It's shot like a short film and it's under 6 minutes. Feel free to ask me any questions.

[video=youtube;sSM-jX4NQkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSM-jX4NQkw[/video]

2. StinkyTool

StinkyTool

Aug 14, 2008
    Bet you wouldn't believe it if I told you I was one of your subscribers.

BLF A6 is arriving at my door tomorrow, all thanks to you and your review. It's also my first 18650 light - so, I had to buy cells, all thanks to you. Also, bought a VP4 because I have to charge my 18650's, all thanks to you. I dropped about $80...thanks to you.

Keep up the great work.

3. mhanlen

mhanlen

Aug 21, 2015
    I'm costing people money? Uh oh. Well once you go 18650 you don't go back. A large majority of my lights are 18650, I own very few smaller AA or CR123a lights. I like the runtimes and brightness of the 18650 sized lights. Thanks for your support!

4. StinkyTool

StinkyTool

Aug 14, 2008
    I figured I'd be purchasing more, so I went ahead and ordered some extra different 18650 cells to, you know, pretend like I know some stuff.

Did your retailer happen send you the Cima blade that looks like the Esee 3?

5. mhanlen

mhanlen

Aug 21, 2015
    Yep, that's the other one. I'm working on that review right now- hopefully it'll be up this weekend. Build quality is excellent, gonna see how well it holds up to some abuse.

6. buckfynn

buckfynn Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2011
    After a quick Google Fu, I didn't come up with any US vendors for any Cima knives!?

7. mhanlen

mhanlen

Aug 21, 2015
    As far as I know you can only get them on AliExpress or Gear Best. Gear Best is who sent me this knife. I don't see any of the other usual overseas vendors with this knife yet either.

8. miner45

miner45

Sep 3, 2016
    I got this knife to the cima 1. But I could not stand the sheath is came with so I made my own it turned out ok. If you won't to check it out. https://youtu.be/1-P1nTlE-KA