1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Richard J can put on an edge!!

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by jwolf90, Jun 15, 2012.

1. jwolf90

jwolf90

Oct 17, 2011
    For those of you who haven't heard of Richard J and are in need of some sharpening or anything that pertains to sharp he is the man to see!! monday of this week I sent him a lg micarta Sebenza, Para2,Buck 119 and My sisters bf's Tops Backbite. The Seb was in need of his magic wheels:D:thumbup: the most but the others needed the touchup so I figured what the hell. Richard is just as good a guy as he is at sharpening, he called me several times before he got the knives just to talk about a few things and help me out with maintaining convex's and stuff like that, He gave me a bunch of tips that really helped. He called me as soon as he got them and was inspecting them under magnification to tell me his thoughts and a couple hours later he called again to say they're sharp and he had sent them out already:thumbup: Richard has also been charging the same $1 per inch as when he started( to little if you ask me) that just goes to show you its not about the $, he must enjoy helping fellow knifenuts:thumbup: sorry I don't have a good enough camera for pics but If your every in need of something sharpened or reground don't hesitate to give Richard an Email [email protected] I can't say enough about his abilities and I would recommend Richard to anyone:thumbup:

2. Jake5713

Jake5713

Feb 27, 2012
    Where do I send my bk2 to get convexed?
    Haha
    Seriously though does he do PayPal

3. jwolf90

jwolf90

Oct 17, 2011
    Richard J and no he doesn't do paypal he likes a postal money order. Give him an email and he will take good care of you !!

4. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Plus 1000 on both the OP's points! 1st point-Richard J can do awesome edges(very cheaply too), 2nd point-More important, Richard J is a really nice guy.

5. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I have a few that I am going to send his way soon. The cool thing is I do all the shopping (and cooking for that matter) so I'm at the grocery store at least 2x a week. Picking up a money order at the photo counter is simple. Next step is to get my garage cleaned out so I can put a paper wheel setup. Of course that will take some time so Richard J it will be for now :)

6. JDieseljoe69

JDieseljoe69 Lover of Tequila Handled Busse's!! Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 16, 2010
    Richard J does excellent work, is a fine gentleman to talk to and puts a hair popping edge on a knife!!

7. tiburon

tiburon Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2003
    ^^ YES! Richard J is top-notch!

8. jmsodpc

jmsodpc

Jun 2, 2011
    he has my small sebenza. he called me today and said it can cut paper again and is sharp.

I sent him cash.

9. Sheepdogg

Sheepdogg

Jan 13, 2010
    He is a great guy. I also sent him cash, he's very easy to work with.

10. scout1sg

scout1sg

Nov 9, 2009
    Richard does some incredicle work on a blade and he's always willing to help, always great chatting with RJ.

11. GIZMOMAN

GIZMOMAN Chicago Cubs in 2017--How about another "W" Platinum Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Richard has done nUMEROUS knives for me and a few of my Work Chefs knives. What an EDGE........HIGHLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY giving Richard a BIG "Thumbs:thumbup: UP"

12. Jake5713

Jake5713

Feb 27, 2012
    Looks like I'm sending him my bk2 to be convexed tomorrow

13. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Let me know how your BK2 turns out!!

14. Jake5713

Jake5713

Feb 27, 2012
    I'm super exited

15. Dudepal

Dudepal

May 3, 2012
    Just got my BK14 convexed, and it is an amazing edge! Amazing skill and a nice guy to boot!