• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped off by Dale Reif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dale promised me a refund on the remaining money about two weeks ago, and guess what, NOTHING YET!!!!!

I really don't expect to get anything out of him anymore, but if I can make his life a little harder for a little while for screwing me over, hell, I'll do it. I have spent so much time trying to get what he owes me that I have really become sick and tired of the whole thing. The only problem is, I am the most persistent guy you could ever piss off, must be the USMC again, so Dale will never hear the end of it until I am satisfied. Once again, though, all the infamous POS has to do is cough up the knife or the money and I'll be satisfied. So simple, so easy; but I guess that is too hard to Dale Reif. I'll continue my bi-monthly "Hey Dale, WTF???" phone calls until I get what I am owed, or I run into him in a public place. I don't imagine either will ever happen. It sucks, but this is the truth about Dale Reif.

I noticed that there is a Dale Reif knife for sale on ebay right now. It looks like a nice knife, but all I could think of was that Dale is such a scuzzball that I wouldn't take that knife if it was given to me. All because of this thread. John, you can be somewhat satisfied that at least your message is getting out.

Know what you guys mean ! Everytime I see a Reif knife for sale I think of John's plight and shake my head. :(

Posted by john sage:

It sucks, but this is the truth about Dale Reif.

I think that you misworded that sentence John. ;) It should read, "Dale Reif sucks, and that's the truth !" :p :D

Dude. . .give him hell !

John, I feel your pain!(albeit to a lesser degree)
It's been over 8 months since Dale agreed to refund me the money he said he would for some sub-standard work. I really don't hold out any hope for this guy.:(

Frank :cool:

Frank,
I know how you feel, at least he is consistent, though!!! The sun even shines on dogs ass, once in a while. Tell you what, if we ever get refunded, let's have a party, what do you say? It could be lie one of those "the world is gonna end partys", you know, the ones we all plan for, but they never really happen....

A party! Damn, I'm down for that!!:D
But then again...if Dale really ever did come through, I'd most likely have a stroke from the shock of it, and wouldn't be able to attend.:( But it was a good thought though!;)

Frank :cool:

I noticed that Dale had some knives on ebay too....I was thinking that his knives are damn nice looking, but there was no way I would buy one after reading all the crap he has perpetrated over the last couple of years.....

Rich

I am one of those dealers that has a Dale Reif knife for sale. As much as people would like me to, I can't break the blade off and throw it away. Dale is capable of making a great knife. It is a shame that someone with so much talent has such crappy business habits. I cringe when I look at his knife too. Maybe Dale and Steve Corkum should form a partnership.

Gary, I would not expect you to break the blade of that knife and throw it away. You have done nothing wrong and should not suffer financial loss because you have a Dale Reif knife to sell. I sure hope that once you sell that knife you don't need Dale's support to help you with any customer service problems. You probably aren't going to have much luck. Then again, maybe Dale will be more reluctant to screw a dealer of his knives then he has been to screw his individual customers.

Wow, never saw this thread before. Here's my old one: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203589&highlight=reif I've tried selling the Reif folder I finally received July last year a couple times. It's not a bad knife, but it's not the balisong I ordered in 2001. Dave Stark is going to post some pics of it on his site for me www.steeladdictionknives.com , but he figures I'll have to take quite a loss if I'm going to be able to sell it. I called Dale a few months ago, just to see if he had done anything with the bali. He told me he went back to work full time. I now see why he had to.

Well, in the last three months Dale has promised me my remaining refund in ten days or less, three seperate times. Guess what, still nothing from our best buddy out in Kansas. It sure is a good thing I don't believe Dale, and know that he is completely full of ****. What I don't get, still, is that after spending over $6000.00 with him, he decided to f*%k me over for a couple hundred. I probably would have spent another six grand with him before I expanded to other makers. Guess that shows the short-sightedness of Dale Reif perfectly. I, however, will not give up calling him until I am refunded or dead.......I am only 32, I have a long time to live yet.....

Posted by John Sage:

I, however, will not give up calling him until I am refunded or dead.......I am only 32, I have a long time to live yet.....

ROTFLMAO

I'm glad to see that the thief’en prick hasn't ripped off your sense of humor, too ! ;)

Hang in there John ! We're rootin' fer ya ! :D

Reif is a scumbag !

Just want to keep this near the top. I contacted Knife Art and they let me know that they have removed his name from their site because they no longer work with him.

It's been a while since we've heard anything. . .and our other resident POS (Alan Blade) is being run through the ringer. . . I thought that I'd bring this puppy back to the top. . .

Any news John ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back