Rodent Solution

Just getting some Christmas gifts together so a good time for a picture showing some color combinations:
P10503867RodentSolutionsandaRatmandu10-29-2011.jpg

Rodent Solutions from left:
tanker gray & black paper
black & black paper
black & black micarta
2 - sage & tan micarta
2 - sage & black micarta
Ratmandu is sage & black micarta

Here's my new one!!! :D Moss Green blade with black paper micarta handle. I largely expected this knife to have a turquoise look as in this picture (and just like every other one I've seen pics of in this color too), but it is a much greener color in real life; it truely looks like moss.

I love it!!! I already touched the edge up on my belt sander (within minutes of getting it). For now, I left the factory edge angle on it. All I did was hit it with 1,200 grit, then a final polish with the leather belt loaded with green compound. Took all of 2 minutes. She shaves easily now, and although I had planned to put a more acute edge on it, she's plently sharp so I may just leave it like it is. Two weeks from today I should be cuttin up some Pheasant with her (knock on wood)!

RS1.jpg

Nice one, SpyderPhreak ! Thanks for the pic and update. Sweet !! :thumbup::thumbup:

All of this makes me think of getting in my 4th Solution - I have nothing in Moss.
Might try Moss and Tan.....hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Andy - if you having trouble storing all these blades I am willing to help ! :p

And to westfork - awesome, mate ! Great photo ! ;)

So far so good mate, I will post up a picture of my "Chocolate Box" later in the week.... you think I am kidding ??.... ;)

I know you're not..... ;)
You had some great scores lately - AFAIK there is more.
Welcome to the mad addiction ! :eek:

Can't wait to see your Chocolate Box - sounds cool ! :thumbup:

I am away on and off till next week and I have a box with about 5 blades about to ship from the US.... so I will dump all them in on top and snap a pic when they arrive... :)

My first post in BF without an "I'll Take It" :) Figured I start by contributing with a pic of my favorite knife, the RS.

PA290014.jpg

The orange is sweeeeet!!! Is there much black with the orange on the other side?

My first post in BF without an "I'll Take It" :) Figured I start by contributing with a pic of my favorite knife, the RS.

PA290014.jpg

Thanks Magoo and Andy :) It's become my EDC, which is why i bought another one for back up just in case hehehehe ;) Thrill the other side of the handle looks exactly the same. The thickness of the handle is a little wider than the canvas micarta but nowhere near as thin as the black paper handles.

Here's a top level view so you can see the thickness of the handles
PA290021-1.jpg

The orange on the RS is unlike any other orange G10 i've seen. It's a REALLY deep rich orange. Not sure you can see the difference in the pic below but it's so much better than the orange on the M9
PA290031.jpg

I would like to read a skinning review on the Rodent Solution if one of you guy's get the opportunity to do so.

Great looking pics guys. Thanks for sharing them.

Really like the looks of that orange G10.

:D:D

Thanks Emi1099 for even MORE cool pics - I never noticed that my Black Paper was thinner than my Canvas ones - thanks ! ;)

Let me know if you want to get rid of that ugly thing .:)
Thanks Magoo and Andy :) It's become my EDC, which is why i bought another one for back up just in case hehehehe ;) Thrill the other side of the handle looks exactly the same. The thickness of the handle is a little wider than the canvas micarta but nowhere near as thin as the black paper handles.

Here's a top level view so you can see the thickness of the handles
PA290021-1.jpg

The orange on the RS is unlike any other orange G10 i've seen. It's a REALLY deep rich orange. Not sure you can see the difference in the pic below but it's so much better than the orange on the M9
PA290031.jpg

Thanks Emi1099 for even MORE cool pics - I never noticed that my Black Paper was thinner than my Canvas ones - thanks ! ;)

I've been wondering about this since my other black paper is just as thick as the canvas and G10. Not sure if there was a run of thinner handles?

Sometimes they run a few thicker and a few thinner stocks of steel and handles than normal. I have noticed this when a customer says their knife wont fit in my kydex sheaths. IMO there maybe 3% that are thinner and 3% that are thicker than normal. I have seen it with the Waki's, RMD's, HRLM's, and the RS's.

Al

Thanks for the insight Al, i would have thought everything was kept consistent. I'll be posting up the pics of the pants you sent me soon :)

Sometimes they run a few thicker and a few thinner stocks of steel and handles than normal. I have noticed this when a customer says their knife wont fit in my kydex sheaths. IMO there maybe 3% that are thinner and 3% that are thicker than normal. I have seen it with the Waki's, RMD's, HRLM's, and the RS's.

Al

Back