1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Roselli Carpenter or Ahti Korpi or something else?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by svahi, Aug 19, 2013.

1. svahi

svahi

Feb 15, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I would like to buy puuko style knife with shorter and carbon steel blade. I have looked Ahti Kaira and Roselli Carpenter. Do you have more recommendations? Knife must be with carbon steel blade and no longer than 90mm blade.

2. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    I have a Roselli Carpenter. The handle is exceptionally ergonomic. It was designed for detailed carving, but works nicely as a personal utility knife.

3. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    For many years, I have the Wood Jewel #WJ-VI; Big Carving Knife but the blade is about 3 5/8" (95 mm)
    A lovely classic style
    And a solid worker

Ragnar has them in shorter lenghts

4. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Of all my scandi blades,the Carpenter is my favorite one. The handle is very ergonomic.

5. svahi

svahi

Feb 15, 2013
    So probably I take Carpenter. But what do you think - UHC or "common carbon"?

6. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    Common carbon is fine unless you need to do a lot of intricate carving or go a long time between sharpening.