1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Rule questions

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Flectric, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Flectric

Flectric Banned

Jun 9, 2012
    So if first buyer agrees to a price, is it against forum rules to sell to another person who offers more? Without money exchanging or beginning to exchange.
    Are there penalties to back out of a deal?

2. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    No rule against it, but if you agreed to a transaction with one person, it is not ethical (in my opinion) to back out of the deal.

best

mqqn

3. vwb563

vwb563

Jun 29, 2007
    A verbal agreement is still a binding agreement. Not as good as a paper signed agreement, but still is binding even in a court of law.

4. rkmoore

rkmoore Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I think your reputation as a valued member on this forum is or at least should be more important to you than the monetary gain to be had in this one transaction.
    JMHO.

5. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Sellers reserve the right to sell to whomever they choose. As long as you communicate yourself clearly with buyers there should be no issues.

6. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    And if posted on the forum you have a LOT of witnesses.

7. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Your most vaulable commodity is your credibility.

Also, Section (3) paragraph 1.9 reads in part:
    "All items offered for sale must be priced."

If you are going to accept a higher offer then you may be converting your listing effectively into an auction.

n2s