SAK Alox Solo

After speaking with Victorinox, I was told the Solo in alox is still being made, with South Africa stocking all six colors. While I could not get an answer as to why they are not readily available here in the US, is it possible to have these available in North America in all 6 colors?

I do not know what you mean by available, but they will not be sold in North America. If you wan't these you will have to find them second hand or order them internationally.

Each country's distributor makes their own decisions on what range they carry. A few years ago, Victorinox USA chose to only carry Pioneer (in silver and black), Farmer (in silver), and Electrician (in silver).

Each country's distributor makes their own decisions on what range they carry. A few years ago, Victorinox USA chose to only carry Pioneer (in silver and black), Farmer (in silver), and Electrician (in silver).

You are correct. North America does carry other alox in other sizes as well. I'm sure you know this, but just in case anyone else does not.

So it's really each region's/country's distributor who decides for the consumer what he (the distributor) thinks we (the consumer) should have. Perhaps it's time for these distributors to wake up to what many American SAK users and collectors really want.

I do not know what you mean by available, but they will not be sold in North America. If you wan't these you will have to find them second hand or order them internationally.

It's simple, really..."available" meaning since they are "available" elsewhere, I want to know why they're not "available" here in the US. Post #3 answered this burning question. As a side note, I've owned/use/ collected SAK's for over 50+ years, and I am most aware of where these can be had, but I see no rhyme or reason why one should have to spend 3 to 4 times as much for a knife that is in current production by buying it internationally. The Solo, after all, when it was available here in the US through any number of internet Swiss army shops, as well as in Target, KMART, military exchanges, etc., sold for as little as $15.00.

I can't tell if you are mad or not, but either way it doesn't matter.

I agree with not wanting to have to order them internationally and paying high prices to get them. I am a SAK collector and user as well. Its beyond anything me or you can do about it though.

by the enormous number of different sak be made its impossible to sell all models in all places, its also economical not good as some models do not sell well in some areas. by all the models on the market there is an ideal one to be found for most applications and tastes. and the rest is for +B to fill.

I have ordered some Victorinox from international sellers recently. Shipping was surprisingly reasonable considering how far it has to come. If you want it bad enough just do it and buy them all at once, will probably be cheaper to ship them all at the same time.

So it's really each region's/country's distributor who decides for the consumer what he (the distributor) thinks we (the consumer) should have. Perhaps it's time for these distributors to wake up to what many American SAK users and collectors really want.

+1. We need more colors to choose from.

Would you mind explaining why photos of stock victorinox knives are being deleted by you please? The only rule you have is no mods and I think this does not break your one rule.

Thank you.

I was merely responding to the question. I hope that is allowed. I'm not offering anything for sale. I am just merely responding to the question is all. Last I checked this is BLADEFORUMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
amazing grace, I missed the substance of your posts before they were edited. But swissbianco is correct: this is a manufacturer forum hosted by Bladeforums. The manufacturer and his representatives are authorized moderators here. They are entitled to set the rules on what gets discussed.

Back